Thread: A pirate hide out known as "The Well"

Gallery
    View images

A pirate hide out known as "The Well"

Jacktar's Pirates Cove inspired me to post this early. I've been avoiding posting unfinished works lately but couldn't resist having been inspired by his work. I've been envisioning this as an inland lagoon hidden in a huge sink-hole, perhaps 5 miles inland from shore. These clever pirates have managed to keep the entrance to the under ground cavern a hidden secret. The passage is just large enough to accommodate their nimble ship and they have built a bit of a society of pirates in "The Well".

Be well,

"Teach, Learn, Thrive"~DM

Gallery
    View images
    Hiya David......I am getting inspiration from your ideas about this one...there are a few things to consider here regarding where this ship is.......how did a sailing ship get to this place????I was wondering if a longboat might be more in keeping with your story, if this place is to be reached by sea filled caves..I know a tall ship is more romantic etc and does look nice, but I really dont think it would be possible, especially if this place is five miles inland????? there also appears to be no way up from down there, and no landing place to load or unload the vessel.....All extra things you can put into your picture though... makes for more interest/.....I really love the ideas you have.... such imagination....I have had a little play around with your picture, it made me want to join in with you and follow your lead in this adventure, it is a bit like a new adventure when you start these kind of pictures going,I couldnt get the perspective right, and it appears I am looking at the same scene from a different angle
    But here is the view I got from there......Hey I like this idea....pass the painting.....Hope you like some of it....or any of it??? if not never mind I thought it might help or even give you some new ideas... Highest regards Jack.
    http://jacktar51.cgsociety.org/
    Some of my artwork can be seen at the above link.......Jack.

Gallery
    View images
    canna wait...matey ....arghhhhh!
    Enchanter
    Draw what you see!....not what you think you see!!
    My artist friend

We Must each think of ourselves as an endless work in progress ....Harley Brown

Gallery
    View images
    I love the perspective.
    Art is like an ill-trained Labrador retriever that drags you out into traffic. (Annie Dillard)