ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Eyedropper

Eyedropper

I wonder if the eyedropper could be implemented such that after I release the mouse, it will revert back to the prvious tool I've been using? While dragging the mouse, it's fine as it is that it keeps picking up the color, it's just once I release it, it would be nice not to click on the previous tool again. I mean...I dunno. You think it's reasonable?

I just find myself sampling only one color, and once I sampled it, I always switch back to the previous tool (or another one) so why not save an extra step? Or maybe just a key that - while holding it - would temporarly switch to the eyedropper so you wouldn't have to mouse back down to the palette again.
    --LES

Ahhhhhhhhhhh....never mind! I just accidentally opened the "Shortcut Keys" menu and I saw that I can just press ALT while painting, to sample the color...grrrr...grrrrr....

yup. it still stands. if all else fails...read the manual!
    --LES

If I understand correctly what you're looking for, you should find that holding down the alt key will temporarily put you into eyedropper mode ( hold down alt, press the mouse button down or click and drag around to get the colour you're after ) and upon releasing the key you will be able to continue using the tool you had selected.

Hope that helps!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Yes, that's one for me as well!

Driving the pen through the graphics pad, in a vain attempt to carry on painting with the Eyedropper is annoying.
    Luck is infatuated with the efficient.

But then again, just left clicking, or the pen equivalent, does the same thing!

Thank you Dave for not mentioning reading the Manual.
    Luck is infatuated with the efficient.

Hiya Dave-Rage...

The alt key is great if you're not a tablet pc user. I would almost like to insist that it toggles automatically! That would really work better for tablet users.

Blue skies
    love
    Roy
    ROY BLUMENTHAL

Visual Facilitator: http://royblumenthal.com/portfolio

ArtRage 3.5.5 and 4.0.4 on:
    Fujitsu T901, Asus R1E