ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Portrait - Lying

Portrait - Lying

Name:  2013-12_LyingTrees_Web700.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  366.4 KB
    Another Artrage portrait... Please tell me what you think about it. Thanks a lot !

Stellar! Has a bit of a dreamy Pre-Raphaelite feel. Very nice use of line and tone. I really love this one.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

This one is very nice as well. I'm not sure about the heaviness of the outline around the face but that is more a personal preference than a criticism. It does create a bit of discomfort for me which may be what you are going for. But I like the composition and it is well painted.

My thoughts about this one, is of a dream sequence, awakened in a unfamiliar place.
    This one is very Cool!
    Again, very well done!
    Steve

Current:http://forums.artrage.com/showthread...favorite-model

It's very well done. If I may: try to be more aggressive with the outlines, since they are so important in your style it might be a way to give the picture a more loose look, and try to give the background a more interesting look. Overall it's a very very good painting, the thing I like the most are her eyes lost in the sky! Brava!

Thumbs up

Thanks for your comments once again ! I really appreciate.
    It seems that my outlines are a good talking point...

AndreaMG, I'm sorry but I don't understand what you mean by "a more loose look" (I'm French, even though I try to improve my English) Could you rephrase what you meant?

D Akey, I love pre-raphaelit works
    Thanks to stevemawmv and jmac too !

Quote Originally Posted by Frederieke View Post
    Thanks for your comments once again ! I really appreciate.
    AndreaMG, I'm sorry but I don't understand what you mean by "a more loose look" (I'm French, even though I try to improve my English) Could you rephrase what you meant?
    Well, a loose painting, is the opposite of a tight, composed, polished painting, it's a painting where brushstrokes, lines are evident but at the same time work very well together and because of that the final result can be very powerful. Since your style is gracious I'm pushing you to go a bit in the other direction to see what happens... Google "loose painting" or "alla prima painting" and see if there's something that caches your eyes. I wish I was able to paint in those ways too, but, at least for me, it's extremely difficult. Cheers and Vive la France!

Cool

Almost medieval in its design, very unusual style which I like.

Thank you AndreaMG, I'll check Google !
    and thank you Niloc too

I'm truly grateful for your advices and comments

You're quite welcome. Now that Niloc mentioned your style will certainly suit medieval characters, You should try to paint Joan of Arc since you're French or take a look at Kentaro Miura's work, it might be inspiring. Looking for your future works!