ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Accessing PhotoShop Filters On Macs

Accessing PhotoShop Filters On Macs

Some may have seen the discussions in this thread here about the Mac version of AR and not having ready access to installed PhotoShop Filters like our Windows friends have.
    So far forum member hinket is the only user I know of who can access and use them, but why can he and not myself or some other users? Are we just really unlucky or is hinket just really lucky?
    I would very much like to know the extent of this, for want of a better term, bug.
    And so I would invite any Mac users to post here the following about their experience with filters and AR.

Can you use filters in AR; Yes/No
    Type of Mac
    OSX version/s
    Version/s of ArtRage you are using

For the record this is me:
    No access to installed filters.
    Macbook Pro 2.6GHz i7
    OSX v10.8.5 & v10.6.8
    ArtRage StudioPro v3.5.5, v3.5.11 & ArtRage4 v4.0.6
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

Some filters will work, others will not. If you have added the filter install location to the ArtRage filter folders list, any filter you have that is compatible with the AR filter engine should be available. If you see no filters, contact us at support@artrage.com with the details of which filters are not visible and where they are located and we can look in to it.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Thanks Matt, I've sent you an email. I hope this mystery of why some Mac users have filters and other don't can be solved.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)