ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Problem with layer adjustment tools

Problem with layer adjustment tools

Hello,

I come here to report I'm having an issue in Artrage 4.0.6 where when I try to pan around in the preview window of either the blur, adjust color or add noise filters it flashes to the whole canvas view with a square (like it's supposed to), but it's only in a flash before reverting to the normal state, and so I can't drag the square to preview a specific part of interrest.

Anybody else has this ? A fix to it ?

Thanks.

I'm not seeing this behaviour when I try it here - Could you let me know what kind of input device you're using and we can try to replicate it.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

I'm using a mouse. I have another issue that seems to be related described in another thread

forums.artrage.com/showthread.php?44607-Selection-Tool-does-not-work

Seem to be related to draging with the mouse.

I'm under Win 8.1 64 btw...

Could you go to the Preferences panel and in the Input section turn off Use Wintab and Use Realtime Stylus then restart ArtRage to see if that helps? If not, drop a mail to support@artrage.com and we can look in to it more closely.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

I did some testing based on your suggestion and had those two issues and another one I didn't mention (resizing of stencils being crazy slow and ultra lagging => yet again mouse draging) fixed by unselecting BOTH realtime stylus and wintab. The accurate tablet option doesn't impact anything in this case.

So does that mean that when I'll have my Intuos Pro and I'll have to reactivate one of these option I won't be able to use my mouse as well ?

Anyway, thanks and congrats for the lightspeed replies. Ambient Design is providing excellent support for a stellar piece of software !

Edit : spelling.

My guess is that something in the system is causing problems when a mouse is used and realtime stylus or Wintab input is active. Win8 made some changes to how tablet input works and we've seen a lot of odd driver behaviour since then. We'll do some research and see if we can work out what's happening so that a mouse can be used when the tablet services are turned on - your mouse shouldn't be interacting with those systems at all.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.