ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Exporting Artrage file to .PSD -- colors look different?

Exporting Artrage file to .PSD -- colors look different?

Hey guys,

I"ve done a bunch of Artrage paintings that I'm going to get printed professionally and i'm noticing that when I export the files to .PSD and open them in photoshop many of the colors look different then what I was seeing while working in Artrage. Do you have any suggestions on how I can preserve the colors while exporting to a .PSD? I know when working in photoshop you usually assign a color profile when starting a project, but I don't see a way to do this in Artrage. Thanks for any help!

*EDIT* - I should also mention, when exporting as a TIFF, the colors look fine, but I don't get the ability to have the layers that come along with the .PSD export.
    Last edited by Pustule; 12-19-2013 at 10:13 AM.

You can't assign a profile in ArtRage as it doesn't do colour management, but if you set the PSD to not use colour management after opening it in Photoshop (or assign the screen profile to the file) that should revert the colours to the ones you saw in ArtRage.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Quote Originally Posted by MattRage View Post
    You can't assign a profile in ArtRage as it doesn't do colour management, but if you set the PSD to not use colour management after opening it in Photoshop (or assign the screen profile to the file) that should revert the colours to the ones you saw in ArtRage.
    Thanks for the reply!