ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blessed are who seeks justice, blessed are the peacemakers ...

Blessed are who seeks justice, blessed are the peacemakers ...

I was asked by Robyn-Copespeak of a little portrait from me too.
    I humbly waited some time knowing my tribute would have been a modest, though sincere one in comparison to what I admired hereon so far as for Mandela's portraits
    I therefore proceeded only now, in a half a hour timeframe to this task, like a street portraitist. I used pencil only on essential canvas. Although it's far from a masterful portrait, I hope I intuitively captured enough likeness and expressivity as well as a glimpse of his loving heart.
    I hope You would forgive me if I didn't proceed also to have a guy aside for sign language support to the wordless spiritual speech his face hopefully communicates. LOL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mandela2.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	385.1 KB 
ID:	78468  
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Very fine work, Caesar. You're portrait/caricature abilities have gotten so strong. I had no problem making out Mr. Mandela. And the faint treatment of the drawing is really an appropriate interpretation as one way of looking at it. Makes a comment. Fine tribute. Glad Copespeak prompted you.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

following brush strokes in drawings are really enjoyable for me (like listening to a harmony ) , specially when they are separable and i can see how they are drawn
    i salute your humanitarianism spirit Caesar .

Beautifully done Caesar! It communicates what a wise and sweet natured man he was.
    Last edited by copespeak; 12-19-2013 at 02:36 PM.

Thumbs up

Caesar, a lovely portrait of a young Mr Mandela

Thank You, dear D Akey. The idea was actually a representation of a light, good, loving soul living on with the body left to peacefully rest and wait for resurrection. Maybe the image is a little too faint and vague, but it's how I imagined Mandela's spirit after having accomplished all the hard duties and got the target he aimed at. BTW, You look like Hercule Poirot in Your last nice Avatar! LOL

Drawing with a pencil, mostly in the shading settings, requires to give appropriate direction to the signs You trace, dear Shekofte, to get the best effect of description and volume. I'm glad to know that I substantially made the right movements by "intuition" so has to achieve a good enough outcome in a quite short time. Thank You!

Thank You, dear Robyn! Your merit if I got a reasonably insightful sketchy portrait.

Glad you like it, dear Jean. I selected an age which could ideally coincide with the full development of his personality.Thank You!

Thank you, dear Sandra! The challenge was to capture enough of the engaging smile lighting up all his face which would have made the portrait recognizable. I used a few smiling pictures of him from the net and then made a mental synthesis of them.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

This is wonderful Cesare, such a beautiful face
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Superb and tender tribute to a great pacifist ...

Magnífico y tierno homenaje a un gran pacifista...
    Regards from Chile
    "El arte no reproduce lo visible. Lo hace visible" Paul Klee

Wow, Caesar,
    I'm speechless...

Best,

Weeks