Thread: UV Resistant Marker Question?

UV Resistant Marker Question?

Hi folks,

I'm a costumer, and I've always used Sharpies for a number of projects. I use them on fabric, wood, etc. After a couple of projects lost their color, I discovered that Sharpie changed the formula, making them more or less useless to me for many of the things for which I need them. I was directed here by a friend in the hopes that one of you could recommend a brand of permanent markers, preferably available in numerous colors and thicknesses, that I might replace them with. I need something that is permanent, UV resistant, and preferably something that can be used to mark fabric without spreading too much. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Stumerchick View Post
    Hi folks,

I'm a costumer, and I've always used Sharpies for a number of projects. I use them on fabric, wood, etc. After a couple of projects lost their color, I discovered that Sharpie changed the formula, making them more or less useless to me for many of the things for which I need them. I was directed here by a friend in the hopes that one of you could recommend a brand of permanent markers, preferably available in numerous colors and thicknesses, that I might replace them with. I need something that is permanent, UV resistant, and preferably something that can be used to mark fabric without spreading too much. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    Sorry. sir/ma'am, this is a forum for resources used in the art software "ArtRage" not traditional art supplies.