Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Painting favorite models

HarlequiNQB...
    It's getting to the point where I think she almost done, because the more I pushed paint around and compare what I just did with earlier
    saves, she looks the same! Then I compare it with other stuff I've done. And sure enough, it looks like all the rest of my 'not really finished with the blending' work!... Either, this is my style, or I'm lazy...or tired?
    Going to come back to her next week!

Anyway!
    Take care,
    Steve

Ear progression...
    Defining with knives and Colorless blender l tool.
    Well, I decided that I really hate ears!
    Or maybe just my model's....
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Last edited by stevemawmv; 12-21-2013 at 07:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stevemawmv View Post
    Again, thanks for all your
    help,
    Enjoy your Holidays,
    Steve
    Hi dear friend, you're quite welcome! To my eyes she already looks gorgeous even at the present stage. I'm still learning myself how to properly paint and I clearly feel that the more I paint the better the results are... Enjoy your Holidays as well! Cheers

Just my opinion...While I have enjoyed seeing the progression and how you arrive at what feels like the final result to you, I believe each of these "versions" stand on their own and conjure different emotions. I like them all. Each time I look at the "finished" version I have the same reaction. Aside from the initial "Man I would like to paint like that", I am reminded of the work of portrait/western artist James Bama. Maybe it's the palette, maybe the expression or the way you have composed the piece, I'm not sure. I am sure that you have made a very fine painting.

Hello Andrea,
    Thanks for checking in on me!
    And thank you for your kind comment on the current progress of the painting. I keep looking at it, and fighting the urge to say, Hey! It's done!
    But realistically, it really isn't done! Keep seeing things I should have caught early on, and now I will try to correct them.
    So, I'm going to continue on with this one a bit longer, staying within my style, but with little more clarity and smoother blends.
    Again, Thanks!
    Steve

P.S. How's Sarah coming along?
    Looking forward to you posting it,
    already know it's going to be worth the
    wait!

Hello Jmac....

Thank you!

I'm kinda glad I started this thread, I guess it would have made more sense including what tools and settings were used, but don't know the terminology. Usually just start trying things untill I get the results I'm looking for.
    I'm happy to hear that you've enjoyed the progression of this project! Let's me know that the thread had some value. It's been an enjoyable
    project for me, and will continue to be so!
    As for painting, when are you going to post another one of yours?
    You've got a really good, realistic style going from what I saw in your painting, It would be nice someday, to be able to accomplish what you can clearly already do presently. i'm sure we all would enjoy seeing more of your work.
    Thanks again, and take care!
    Steve

P.S.
    'James Bama', fantastic paintings!
    Thanks!
    Last edited by stevemawmv; 12-21-2013 at 12:45 PM.

Thanks for the interest Steve. Painting is something I am trying to make my way back to. I have started a new Art Rage painting and though digital is faster, I am still very slooow so it will be awhile. Till then I have uploaded a few paintings i did a long time ago to the Gallery section. Hope you enjoy.

Happy Holidays to all.

Update....
    'NOT DONE!'
    Had to put in a 'temp background', just to give myself a idea what's going on in the light reflections effects.
    More endless blending going on, still trying and using colorless blending l and ll knifes.
    Also posted, 'hopefully the last ear...five replies up!
    Not even thinking about the hair yet!
    Steve
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New Rachael Profile17backgroundrgb.jpg 
Views:	304 
Size:	173.0 KB 
ID:	78527  
    Last edited by stevemawmv; 12-21-2013 at 07:27 PM.

Hello Jmac,
    You've started on the path back to something I can clearly see you once thoroughly enjoyed doing, you can see it in all of your earlier paintings.
    I'm very happy for you, and I sense you are too!

'Stay on that path! Would be a sad thing for your talent to paint, to simple fade away, and be just a distant memory for you, and everyone else that has seen
    your beautiful, and inspiring work!

Thanks for visiting,
    it encourages me to continue!
    Spite the fact, so few are seeing this!
    But, then again!
    I think I'm doing it, just to be able to check on my own
    progress! And that's the fun part!
    Take Care Friend,
    Steve

Thanks Steve. I appreciate your comments...You know when I heard you first mention a background I thought "Hmmm, I really like the minimalist look you have going". But after seeing the nice subtle warm tone you've put in I have to say it really warms the piece nicely and makes the highlights just glow. Very nice!

She's been beautiful all the way along, and remains so now. The back ground colour works well. You should be very pleased.