ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Layer Groups

Smile Layer Groups

Hi everybody! I'm back. Still alive and kicking in between hospital visits and doctors, and...owww!! That's the story of a 70 year old kid with bunches of trouble!

I have a silly question. In the AR Manual tells about Layer grouping. But I killed myself trying to find out how to DO IT. Can anyone light my bulb?? I will greatly appreciate. Shortly I'll be placing some of my paintings here. AR is a miracle worker for me any way. My problem is that I try to be a perfectionist, and paintings should not look like photographs. So, I definitely need to learn how to paint.

I am one of the bunch, which started with ArtRage, exactly 10 years ago, this year. I have my Lovers Lane, which is the very first painting I did back then. Since then, it's rained many paint jobs, something I am thankful to ArtRage for.

Well, I hope someone clears my cobwebs up on that Layer Groups thingy, something I will appreciate till my dying days, and then some, if the spirit lives on as they say!

God bless AR with all the whole bunch included!
    Louie Ocasio - (can't seem to be able to switch my member name so - S5T68IS2TA - will have to stay till I manage how to change that!
    The beginning of God's love, starts within our hearts towards someone in need!

how I do it

I usually create a Group and then drag the layers to the Group. It's not like selecting some layers, like I do in Painter, and then make a group. In AR it's first a Goup and next drag the layers into it. Or make/add a new layer in the Group menu.
    And, did you say you still have a 10 years old picture made in ArtRage? Can we see it?

Best wishes from Sweden the morning after the hurricane...
    Last edited by Henry Stahle; 12-06-2013 at 10:16 PM.

To create the group in the first place you need to open the drop down menu that appears when you click the little lines bottom right of the layer palette. 'Add Layer Group' creates the thing near whatever layer is selected. Then as Henry says - just drag the layers into it. Each group has its own drop down menu set of controls on it.
    Nick Harris Artwork
    http://nickillus.com

New system as of April 2011
    i5 quad core - Asus P7P55LX
    Windows 7 Home Premium
    8gig DDR3 RAM
    Wacom intuos 3 A5
    Radeon 512mb graphics card

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Stahle View Post
    I usually create a Group and then drag the layers to the Group. It's not like selecting some layers, like I do in Painter, and then make a group. In AR it's first a Goup and next drag the layers into it. Or make/add a new layer in the Group menu.
    And, did you say you still have a 10 years old picture made in ArtRage? Can we see it?

Best wishes from Sweden the morning after the hurricane...
    Thanks Henry. I'll try this, if it doesn't work for me, then I'll be back to mention it and try something else. I'll let you know if it worked. I just don't have a clue as to where do I start to make a group. But I'll head that way then inform you if there is improvement , or room for some.. hehe!!
    The beginning of God's love, starts within our hearts towards someone in need!