ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: sketch of my daughter.

sketch of my daughter.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Isabella.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	199.6 KB 
ID:	78136

Any sugestions on improving this. I know is rough sketch but I was working on getting things in right places and sizes.

None from me. It's brilliant!

There are all kinds of styles and approaches to drawing as you probably know. So it's a matter of what suits you. As to the proportions, I think it looks pretty darn good. It looks like a little girl -- very convincing. And it projects a buoyant personality -- an great example of the joy of youth. She clearly feels very loved.

Well done dad!

Oh, just a thought -- regarding the drawing -- one way to look at it is whether it will remain a drawing as an end point or if you're using it to paint atop -- whether paints or pastels. No further comment there other than if you're using it for a painting where you are going to do a light watercolor tinting kind of painting, the line is perhaps a little heavy. But if you are going to just use the line as markers to paint to opaquely, it's fine and clear. And because the line is so heavy, the shapes will become more critical as you paint it up, so you may want to feel free to adjust and finesse as you go further into the painting. That's one of the reasons working with a finer line serves certain styles. But it's certainly a good starting point. And where you go with it will tell you if the line is perfect or whether to do it differently in future. I personally love it as a drawing.

Having said that, there are all kinds of possibilities to do a style in which line like this would work. So at the risk of repeating myself, it's up to you to discover.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream