ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Come visit me on youtube. My music.

Come visit me on youtube. My music.

Just had a couple of musical presentations I wanted to share with you guys. what is your favorites and what to scrap? Please let me know what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX7qv0OXC14

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzfauFLyXkU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu3Z-a0wtwk

Interesting stage of development.

I quite like River Dreams because you got that George Winston, Windam Hill thing going on. Were I suggesting, and I don't know what you had in mind exactly with each, but my suggestion as a possibility is to set your lyrics from the guitar one, forget the guitar in this case, and put those lyrics to the River Dreams one.

Your lyrics have the same kind of tone as the sort of cascading piano. They sound sad, or repetitive (thematically) like old man river he just keeps drifting along, much the same as the singer's feeling of loss just keeps drifting through him.

What I hear is that the singer is missing his loved one. And as what characterizes such moods, it's the constant pang or longing for their return slipping in and out of focus. So the longing would pulse back into focus verbally, and then drift back into the cascading piano like a submerging thought slipping back into feelings. . . and then having it suddenly coming back up into verbal focus and repeat over and over as if trying to process an unpleasantness. But I would articulate the lyrics a little more to be more descriptive of the place you're taking us.

Ever been in one of those situations where you have an exchange with somebody and afterward you thunk your forehead and say to yourself, "I wish I had said (xyz). That would have been perfect." Songs are like that, only as you craft them you actually can go back in and say (xyz) in your song. When I listen to someone's song, I do so because they say it for me, on my behalf, in a perfected way better than I would. And that's why people love songs, because they get to the essence of something with clarity. I would shoot for that.

I love your little daughter who waited patiently while you played, and then at the end she says "You done yet?" hahaha. So cute! So normal.

Go man go!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Interesting stage of development.

I quite like River Dreams because you got that George Winston, Windam Hill thing going on. Were I suggesting, and I don't know what you had in mind exactly with each, but my suggestion as a possibility is to set your lyrics from the guitar one, forget the guitar in this case, and put those lyrics to the River Dreams one.

Your lyrics have the same kind of tone as the sort of cascading piano. They sound sad, or repetitive (thematically) like old man river he just keeps drifting along, much the same as the singer's feeling of loss just keeps drifting through him.

What I hear is that the singer is missing his loved one. And as what characterizes such moods, it's the constant pang or longing for their return slipping in and out of focus. So the longing would pulse back into focus verbally, and then drift back into the cascading piano like a submerging thought slipping back into feelings. . . and then having it suddenly coming back up into verbal focus and repeat over and over as if trying to process an unpleasantness. But I would articulate the lyrics a little more to be more descriptive of the place you're taking us.

Ever been in one of those situations where you have an exchange with somebody and afterward you thunk your forehead and say to yourself, "I wish I had said (xyz). That would have been perfect." Songs are like that, only as you craft them you actually can go back in and say (xyz) in your song. When I listen to someone's song, I do so because they say it for me, on my behalf, in a perfected way better than I would. And that's why people love songs, because they get to the essence of something with clarity. I would shoot for that.

I love your little daughter who waited patiently while you played, and then at the end she says "You done yet?" hahaha. So cute! So normal.

Go man go!
    I have a long way to go but loveing the jorney. All the recordings are the raw unrefined original recordings. Yes my voice leaves a lot to be desired and the songs are in the baby stages here and my don't sing and play well at the same time. Ok so I dont sing well at all but is the consept of the song. You can see that my skills are at the beginning stages at best. I hope you atleast enjoyed the fun and creativity of it all.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowslake View Post
    I hope you atleast enjoyed the fun and creativity of it all.
    And I hope you took my observations you invited as a compliment to your growing creativity. :-)
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Advice is always welcome.