ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bell Pepper & Orange

Bell Pepper & Orange

Vegie for a change!

Attachment 78121
    Last edited by copespeak; 12-05-2013 at 12:51 AM.

Very painterly and masterfully executed. You're a real artist, dear mate!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Thank you lovely Caesar! You're not too bad yourself! xx

beautiful. the early salon impressionists got nothin' on you. just amazing style. it's like Cezanne and Van Gogh had a child. luv this!

Too kind methinks, but thank you! I am having fun.

Here's another.

Attachment 78123

WOW! Look at the trasparencies and to the juicy impression of these segments! The toned down complementary background is a masterful touch too. Great!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Looks generally cool. I think for my 'taste' I always liked to indicate overall forms and colors and one can get loose on that. But there are some key areas where to make it read, a little precision was required. Right now the pics look kind of fuzzy rather than it having a sketched appearance. I understand it's a balance between sketchy looseness and depicting the subject. You never do bad pictures. It's just a matter of finessing a little bit of it to extend the artistic range.

But as an example, the water droplets only look to me like water droplets because I know that's what belongs there. So maybe it's not a matter of trying to retain a quick style, but knowing when to go in and pull it all together with a precise mark or two. When you explore this style, you might want to extend your visual vocabulary within this style into something not unlike a vocabulary where you have specific words for certain purposes. Loose and also precise.

I think the idea of doing small things to sell to people for their kitchen is a good idea. They have people doing those kinds of theme decorative pics locally over here in touristy galleries as well and from what I understand they sell pretty decently -- roosters and pigs and barnyard kinds of subjects. I would imagine that garden items would fall right into that category.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Nicely done Robyn!
    Your oranges fit quite well with your apples and cherries paintings!
    As for bell peppers, like them stuffed and baked! But none the less,
    enjoyed all your veggies and fruit offerings! Thanks for the my
    recommended daily Veggie and fruits requirements'!
    Take Care,
    Steve

I hear what you're saying Mr Akey, and do agree, thank you!

Also, I think saving it at 800p makes it larger that it would be printed, so it's overblown somewhat?

It was pretty late at night when I finished after very sad day of distracting myself from hearing a dear friend had died suddenly.

I might tighten it up today and repost.

I may never bother printing them, I am just exploring possibilities.

Thank you Caesar and Steve! I'm glad you're getting your vitamins Steve!

Edit: Slightly tighter, and presented smaller. That's it!

Attachment 78128
    Last edited by copespeak; 12-05-2013 at 09:38 AM.

Wonderful pepper and now I'm wanting one to eat, love eating them with dip and your second orange looks great with more colour