ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1st Digital Painting

1st Digital Painting

Hello, This is my 1st digital painting/1st Art Rage painting and the first painting of any kind I have done in nearly 14 years. Digital painting has been a curiosity for me for a long time and I have done battle with photoshop a few times but it never felt much like painting. Mostly I'm sure, because my lack of familiarity with the program, struggling with the vastness of it and trying to make the stroke I wanted. I still struggle with that in Art Rage and have a lot to learn but I don't find the program getting in the way as much. I still have mixed feelings about digital painting but the fascination and possibilities are winning out. Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated. I would also be curious to hear thoughts on what is the "original" when it comes to digital art. Should I "sign" the finished painting on the digital file or the printed result? Or both? If only one print is made is that the original? Thanks for your comments.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Summer Farm.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	379.4 KB 
ID:	78116  

Hello Jmac,
    This is a fantastic painting, just the sheer amount of detail to the grasses, mountain and tree lines
    are amazing! If this is a example of your "struggling" in AR, I think your winning!
    Really like it!
    Take Care,
    Steve

My Gallery:http://forums.artrage.com/showthread...586-Stevemawmv

An amazing painting Jmac. You are hugely talented.

Yes, it is a curly one, wondering how to present your work.

For my prints for sale, I sign each one individually, as you would if you had run them off your own press. I don't do limited editions where I might number them (1/50?), but might do soon.

If you print just one only you could find a way to announce that ..... maybe 1/1?

Digital painting is really becoming more accepted as a saleable artform, especially with the tech savvy. Just get in there and enjoy your talent, and you have lots!

Thank you Steve and Robyn for your kind comments..I read somewhere that if you only make one print and the digital file is deleted from your hard drive, then the print is considered the original. Not sure how I feel about deleting my file... This one is going to be a gift anyway so I guess I'll wrestle this question another time.

Thanks again,

Jim

Smile Wow

If this is you just starting, I look forward to seeing how you develop your art further. Well done a beautiful scene

Wow indeed. Very plush. A farmer's special heaven. Always popular to paint idyllic scenes.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thank you Niloc. I am looking forward to exploring Art Rage and gaining a better understanding of what can be done. That Settings Variations panel has me baffled.

Thanks for the comments D Akey. I enjoy peaceful scenes. There not making them anymore.

Jim

Impressive! Unless You set up some sort of sticker for the trees and the grass or some other technical trick it must have costed You a really huge amount of time!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

yep I'll go along with Caesar on that ok .... SLAINTE

All I can say is WOW, fantastic work