ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Artrage 4: macbook trackpad scroll & zoom very slow

Artrage 4: macbook trackpad scroll & zoom very slow

I've just purchased Artrage v.4 and noticed that the trackpad scrolling (two fingers up or down) and zooming (Cmd + two fingers up or down) is extremely slow.
    Whenever I do this, the program locks the GUI and, after a delay, starts to scroll or zoom the canvas slowly and also somewhat jittery. It is almost as if the program is way too heavy for the machine that it runs on - but I don't believe that this is the case.

Here are examples of what it looks like:
    note: I tried to post this thread but it refused because I added links to screen-casts of the problem.
    So, you'll have to manually construct them: substitute the portion of the YouTube link after the
    (..)watch?v= part with the identifiers below:

Artrage 3: QotOYX-lEFA
    Artrage 4: ymXHAk6J4C0

The canvas in both cases was originally about screen size, and zoomed out a bit in order to show what's happening.

I checked and unchecked the "multithread" option, but it doesn't make any difference.

Hardware: Macbook, retina mid 2012 / 2.3 ghz / 16Gb, running 10.9 (mavericks)
    The Artrage 3 that I used is the mavericks beta version.

We've got a note to look in to the gearing of multitouch events in our next update - It looks like the 'amount' data passed to us during pinch zoom events changed in Mavericks so the zoom is going in much smaller increments than it used to.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Thanks for the explanation!
    I'll keep an eye open on possible workarounds or fixes.

With the Apple Magic Mouse and OS X OS X 10.9 (13A603) and ArtRage 4.0.6
    scrolling is awfully slow
    I hope there will be a fix soon.

Thank you.

Any news yet on fixing these issues?

Hi,

as there haven't been any updates since I started this thread last december this issue is still unresolved.
    Also, I noticed some other features of Artrage behaving similarly: for example, after having selected a part of the layer, the interface can also become "treacle-like" in the same manner as with the trackpad scrolling.

So, is there any fix in the pipeline to look forward to?
    That'd be great, because I'm using the application a lot lately and it is a bit of a hinder.

We've fixed the problem in our internal builds and I should be able to give some more information on when we will be releasing this shortly.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

cool, thanks!

And by shortly, I mean: http://www.artrage.com/artrage-4/free-update/

4.5 will fix the problem and also add scale and rotate gestures on OS X.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.