ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: text features in artrage, help PLEASE!

text features in artrage, help PLEASE!

i would like to use artrage as a way to create my own logos, cards, invitations, with fonts downloaded in my computer, and/or my own handwriting with the inpenk and other similar tools. im a beginner to this program and design in general, but i still know the program semi well. what im trying to figure out is how to create effects with text. another problem i run into is when i type in text, only part of the word shows up, like part of it is somehow cut off.

an answer to these two questions would help so much..

the first attachment is the problem i run into when i type
    the second one is an example of text effects, how can i use artrage to create similar things.

thank you :)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	artrageprob.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	90.4 KB 
ID:	78051  
    Attached Images Attached Images  

It looks like the font you're using in the first image has unusual information in it that isn't fully supported by the text renderer. Fonts that have more extreme ascenders and descenders can sometimes get cut off by the line rendering system used by the product. Unfortunately we're not able to support all fonts and this could be one that has that problem.

While ArtRage doesn't automatically apply effects to text you can convert your text layer to paint (its entry in the Layer panel has a 'T' button, click that for a menu of options) and manipulate it like any other paint layer. ArtRage isn't an effects package though, it's focused on freehand painting and drawing, so it's not really suited to complex text effects.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.