ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Sticker sprays...how to make them?

Sticker sprays...how to make them?

Does anybody know of some youtube tuts about making sticker sprays, like pencil pack by Someonesane or the rake brushes, I don't know who made them.

The last time I kept an open mind,
    my brain fell out and the dog grabbed it.
    Now it's full of dirt, toothmarks, and dog slobber.
    No more open minds or dogs for me.www.gms9810.com/

I have a video showing how to make stickers on Youtube (LINK), as well as a written tutorial for it (LINK). But the focus is mainly on creating the sticker sheets. Making a tutorial for the variations panel, is a bit tricky. I know, because I've tried to devise a way to introduce everything it has to offer, within a manageable time frame, but just haven't had much success. The basics to it is really easy, but when it comes down to getting a very specific effect, it's a matter of knowing which dial does what and why it needs to be tweaked a certain way. What works for one sticker set, might not work for another, because of how the sticker sheet was arranged. For example, if a person puts the largest stickers on the left side of a row, but you put yours on the right, you may end up getting a larger stroke from your brush when apply a light pressure on your stylus. The Stickers and the Sticker Spray tool could practically take up a full semester of class time by itself, if one really delved into everything that could be done with them.

If you're mainly interested in making "brushes" (which is what I'd label the presets in my Pencil Pack as), I could try to put together a video tutorial focusing directly on how I would create a Sticker Sheet for that purpose alone and how I'd then manipulate the variations to suit that specific type of Sticker sheet setup.

(Edit) - I just took a look through my uploaded videos and found another one that deals with the Variations panel and how to set them up for a "Rake" brush. Here's the link. Keep in mind that this tutorial was designed for a sticker sheet with only a single sticker on it, that pointed upward (so as an arrow, it was pointed upward, as the Rake sticker, it was dots lined up horizontally). If you were to make a single sticker that faced to the right, changes would need to be made to the rotational dials to account for that and if you had a sticker sheet with multiple stickers on it, you'd need to edit the dials for the rows and columns (probably in a variety of ways).
    Last edited by Someonesane; 11-28-2013 at 06:35 PM.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Yeah, I can see how making a good tutorial on this subject would be a monumental task. I'm watching all of your tuts and your written one. Thanks.

Note to Moderators: Sorry if I put this in the wrong place.

The last time I kept an open mind,
    my brain fell out and the dog grabbed it.
    Now it's full of dirt, toothmarks, and dog slobber.
    No more open minds or dogs for me.www.gms9810.com/