ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: "Philip"

Red face "Philip"

Hey all-

New to the ArtRage community. I picked up the demo and I am nudging the powers that be for an early Christmas Present. (ArtRage AND a replacement stylus for my old Intuos3. Styluses DON'T like accidental swims in coffee.) So, sorry for the demo water mark. My background is in film and computer animation. Digital painting is a favorite past-time of mine, but I haven't had time the last two or three years to do much in the way of art.

This is a WIP called Philip -- Watercolor and pencil on fine paper. Total time so far is 1 hour.

I wanted to test out the watercolor features of the program, so I did a quick painting of my nephew from a picture of him I had sitting on my desk. I admit that I rushed the shirt, and the hair may need a little work. It's mostly done aside some touch-ups I want to do when I upgrade to the full version.

I'll update this at some point.

Dustin

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	philip charles.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	98.5 KB 
ID:	78027

Great! Love the casual look of it. And it shows a great attitude in his look with not a lot of fuss. Feels very sketch pad and spontaneous, whether it is or it was in the photo you used as a model.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Great! Love the casual look of it. And it shows a great attitude in his look with not a lot of fuss. Feels very sketch pad and spontaneous, whether it is or it was in the photo you used as a model.
    Thank you!

He was being silly and standing in a kung-fu pose of some sort or another, and his expression in the photo almost reminds me of the National Geographic cover of the girl from Afghanistan. I have always placed a lot of emphasis on eyes, because they are so important for telling the story of your character.

Well, it looks like You eventually got trapped by Artrage charme too, but looking at Your talent you really deserved to get this software. Congrats!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

I really like this one, love the way you have captured that look in his eyes. Looking forward to seeing many more
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Yes, now that you mention the National Geographic cover, it's exactly the look in the eyes.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Very stylish

I too like the intense look through the eyes.

Welcome, Lenchantin!
    I like it!
    Glad your finding the time, for your digital painting and exploring AR's possibilities!
    Looking forward to seeing more, and definitely!...'The Eyes Have it'
    OH!
    Grab a spoon next time!
    Take Care,
    Stevemawmv

Visit My Gallery:
    http://forums.artrage.com/showthread...586-Stevemawmv