ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trompe l'oeil being made with ArtRage help (Final version on page 2)

Trompe l'oeil being made with ArtRage help (Final version on page 2)

I set up rapidly with Artrage the fundamentals of the composition on a trompe-l'oeil requested by my brother in law to create a fake window behind a blind window frame to then proceed to paint it with acrylics adding some different details.
    I'm about to finish the pot by completing the flowers and the green all around to detach it, tonally anc chromatically, from the balcony behind.
    Upon request I also have to add a sunflower field somewhere to enlighted the view a little bit.
    Real acrylics painting aren't as easy and speedy as with Artrage for quite a number or reasons, among which my limited skills also due to scarce experience and poor discipline with color mixing and recording (which is a problem if You don't decide an appropriate and not too wide color paint tubes palette).
    Anyway I'm reasonably satisfied of what I worked out up to know, so I'm attaching the initial Artrage sketch (partly painted and partly a collage) and what came out as a real painted panel either outside, on my terrace, with natural light and inside, with artificial warm lighting.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Trompe l'oeil C.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	99.8 KB 
ID:	78010   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2192.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	212.3 KB 
ID:	78011   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2193.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	192.6 KB 
ID:	78012  
    Last edited by Caesar; 12-04-2013 at 08:29 PM.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

.... the view is very Italian ... which is the meta-painting? ....
    xiěyž, n. freehand brushwork, spontaneous expression
    Artrage Gallery
    / Leaning Tree Ink Studio

reminds me of your summer palace but as Pete has asked which is wot STATTE BBONNE Si....Si

A lovely scene, Caesar, my preference would be the one with the warm light but which ever one it is a beautifully painted scene and if I might be so bold as to say perhaps some shadow to show some distance between the window ledge and the balcony wall,

Caesar...
    Love all of these!
    Like to have the complete set of these...and put them in my windows to block the view of my neighbors! ..Seeing them starring back at me!
    Nicely Done!
    Take Care,
    Steve

P.S.
    They really would greatly enhance the my view....
    Or!...I could move?... Now!...Where exactly is this place from where you conceived the views?
    Nice!!!!!

Dear Pete, the first one is the virtual Artrage sketch, half painted, half a collage.
    The second and the third one are actually the (only) real acrylics painting about to be completed, seen either under external, natural light or with inner warm light, so as to check differences. Thank You!

Dear ATPLus, the answer is just above in my reply to Pete. Not bad the view from my summer villa, isn't it. Much better than my military tent when I have to move to Gallia or Britannia . LOL Thank You and SLAINTE to You!

Thank You, dear Jean. Actually there's a possibly too faint shadow under the bricks which lean out of the wall very little indeed. Maybe i should reinforce it a little if I understood what You observed. In case I didn't You may possibly sketch what You meant pls ?

Dear Steve, the exact place is nowhere, but, in a way, almost everywhere all over in Italy, with plenty of lovely and even far better, breathtaking views I wish and hope we would most keep for posterity too. Maybe You may print this on a panel or a big canvas for You too when it's finished, although I think that, not suddenly to disrupt Your routine, I should start providing You with such a view which includes also your neighbors faces peeping from outside. LOL Thank You.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

HOCOMO ok as were are in Italy its a must for the warmer one i.e bottom one Chio Salute'

Quote:

"Dear Steve, the exact place is nowhere,"
    "I should start providing You with such a view which includes also your neighbors faces peeping from outside."

Caesar,
    While I have sometime between searching the internet for the best rates on flights to 'Nowhere'...
    I have a request my friend!...Could you paint at least the 'pretence of smiles' on their faces as if they maybe pretending to enjoy our shared view?

Take Care!
    I throughly enjoy your work,
    Steve
    Last edited by stevemawmv; 11-26-2013 at 08:17 AM.

Smile Nice warmth

Sitting in the freezing cold at home but the warmth coming through the window frame is keeping me warm, nice work, good art.

Very good work, Caesar, am having a hard which one would i chose.