ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Creating Action Layers

Creating Action Layers

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	action-layers.png 
Views:	114 
Size:	317.0 KB 
ID:	77990
    A good way to make action lines in your comic panels is to utilize Artrage's layers and layer opacity function. Make sure you keep your outline and color on separate layers to do this easily. Once you have completed the inking, duplicate the ink layer and turn the opacity down some (how faint you want it to be is left up to you). Reposition the duplicate ink layer in the direction you wish the action/ghosted image to follow, then follow this procedure for the color - the color duplication is optional and once you play around with it you'll know just how much color you want to apply to the action layer. I also like to take that opportunity to set my eraser tool at mid strength and feather out some of the color so as to let the primary foreground and background color come through the strongest. You can repeat this process and make as many duplicate action layers as you wish but I've found that if you go beyond 3 maximum, it start to clutter the panel up.

Really clever!