ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Interesting sites

Interesting sites

I found these two sites that were interesting, they both made me jealous:

http://www.quickbulletin.com/pencil-...om-photographs

and

http://www.odditycentral.com/pics/th...paul-lung.html

The last time I kept an open mind,
    my brain fell out and the dog grabbed it.
    Now it's full of dirt, toothmarks, and dog slobber.
    No more open minds or dogs for me.www.gms9810.com/

You've got your work cut out for you. Definitely doable. Rendering classes deal with this stuff. There are tricks and techniques that address that stuff in, as you might guess, minute detail. It can be a chore but the results are very satisfying. There's very little room for ambiguity with the result. You either nail it or you don't. Very little middle ground. Takes a certain mindset to do it.

It's generally slow and methodical maybe for those with lots of time who like fine work for the enjoyment of the process. Although with computer assists, who knows how long it would take now. Probably hella faster. But I don't know if that would scratch that itch to have a computer assist. I think the joy is more visceral than having tricks to shortcut things. And I suppose like everything else it gets faster the more you do it.

Anyway, it's neat you found what your thing is.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

I think my biggest problem is that I try for too much detail. I've been using a 4000 x 4000 @ 300 dpi canvas and still end up zooming in so close that I'm seeing individual pixels. A much bigger canvas and my laptop starts to lag.

It's like embroidery, you set up your drawing and just quietly work your way through it section by section. Very therapeutic!

Yes, it's relaxing, especially since I've learned how to fix my mistakes. I can easily start on drawing something at 7:00 in the evening and before I know it its 7:00 in the morning. I focus so much that I don't see anything around me. I usually have a youtube tutorial or music and if I listen to music I like celtic or something calming. It's almost addictive.
    Hopefully my next laptop will be an octal core with lots of ram.

rayno247 Guest
    These sites is great and I like it.