ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Design engineer, an activist protest. 1976 - 2013

Design engineer, an activist protest. 1976 - 2013

ArtRage. Project on black-and-white photo.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Долматов-портф&#10.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	291.9 KB 
ID:	77930  

This is a story I'm afraid I don't know, but I admire very much Your style which seems very much in line with the Russian visual artistic sensibility and tradition, so majestically colorful, dreamy, affirmatively powerful, sentimental.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Your style is really unique, the likeness is terrific, and the light and colours are very much your own! Excellent!

highly professional!

As I said: you are very skilled in using ArtRage, it looks just like RL acrylics, gouache or oil paint. The political dimension is just as interesting as your aristic skills. Russia is always near here in my country, in the news, by visiting and by my Kefir on the breakfast table. It seems to getting colder and colder under Putin. Am I right?
    My Art Blog : Pennstreck
    My Instagram: Instagram

Your paintings never cease to amaze me, this is wonderful
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Henry Stahle
    it is, but with my knowledge of spoken English is difficult to explain.

Don't worry, your links explain us all about these victims portraits.
    I remind of Anna Politkovskaja murder and that of an Italian International Radical party journalist too, Antonio Russo, who witnessed and reported crimes committed in Chechenia. Other cases like that of Alexander Litvinienko murdered with a radioactive substance or the disquieting and unclear case of the jailed tycoon Mikhail Khodorkovsky. Some extreme methods don't seem to ever have a sunset notwithstanding the Communist regime disappeared and democracy should have been implemented. Justice, murders and threats were regularly used to enforce power rules rather than law ...

When princes and bishops got into bed together the wars of religion that devastated Europe for eight hundred years were born. When politicians and tycoons share a pillow, the results can be just as ugly.

Right, dear Doc, although in essence whenever political power, ideologies (religions were used that way in the case You cited) and economic power are combined to serve their purpose aggressively driving populations and fanatics, You may always expect the worst. Any pretext works and that really happened anywhere, even outside Europe, among islamic empires and interpretations as well, in civil wars, against native aboriginal populations, or in conflicts caused by means of nationalistic and dumb "patriotic" attitudes.
    We are very very slow to learn some wisdom from previous generations experiences and we always tend to see faults in someone else bags ...