ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Stabilizer?

Stabilizer?

One thing I'm missing on ArtRage which I love in other apps is a global stabilizer/steady stroke function like in sketchbook pro and paint tool SAI. I know the inking tool and pencil has a smoothing function but its rather unpredictable at times and it smoothes the stroke after its been made rather than having the real time delayed cursor to achieve more control.
    Would absolutely LOVE to see this implemented in a future version or update!

And I'm aware that this might defeat the purpose of ArtRage being a traditional media "simulator", but I kinda use it more as an all purpose art app blending digital with traditional media

That is a good idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Mally View Post
    One thing I'm missing on ArtRage which I love in other apps is a global stabilizer/steady stroke function like in sketchbook pro and paint tool SAI. I know the inking tool and pencil has a smoothing function but its rather unpredictable at times and it smoothes the stroke after its been made rather than having the real time delayed cursor to achieve more control.
    Would absolutely LOVE to see this implemented in a future version or update!

And I'm aware that this might defeat the purpose of ArtRage being a traditional media "simulator", but I kinda use it more as an all purpose art app blending digital with traditional media
    I really like that idea. I use Painter a lot and all tools can have stabilizing settings if one likes. That is a good one!

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Stahle View Post
    I really like that idea. I use Painter a lot and all tools can have stabilizing settings if one likes. That is a good one!
    So Painter does infact have a stabilizer setting!? Nice! Guess I'm going to get more into that program, too bad the interface looks like its from the pre -2000 era, hench why I love ArtRage so much!

AR looks nicer, I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Mally View Post
    So Painter does infact have a stabilizer setting!? Nice! Guess I'm going to get more into that program, too bad the interface looks like its from the pre -2000 era, hench why I love ArtRage so much!
    Painter has the "Smoothing" settings among the brush settings (Ctrl + B). The settings are are refered as "Damping" and works great for all my inking and penciling.

This is my Workspace in Painter and in ArtRage. As Painter is completely customizable there is no such thing as a "pre -2000 Painter interface look". It is just the factory setting you are thinking of probably. It is up to you to arrange the workspace just the way you like it . But still, it is a little bit too much "photoshoppy maybe. AR looks just a bit nicer, I agree.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	painter and artrage.jpg 
Views:	312 
Size:	93.2 KB 
ID:	78224  
    Last edited by Henry Stahle; 12-10-2013 at 02:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Stahle View Post
    This is my Workspace in Painter and in ArtRage. As Painter is completely customizable there is no such thing as a "pre -2000 Painter interface look". It is just the factory setting you are thinking of probably. It is up to you to arrange the workspace just the way you like it . But still, it is a little bit too much "photoshoppy maybe. AR looks just a bit nicer, I agree.
    Yes that interface when it starts up for the first time is so cluttered. And I figured as much, its soo powerful and has so many features its overwhelming at first! But I'm starting to get used to it and like it more and more. (Sorry ArtRage )