ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: question for Zazzle users - making different sizes

question for Zazzle users - making different sizes

Zazzle users - perhaps Aunt Betsy -

I am new to Zazzle and the best advice seems to be to create 3 sizes for each design, 14 x 14, 10 x 14, and 14 x 10 to have your design fit across most products. I just did a test for a 7 x 5 card and then attempted to change the canvas to 5 x7 but it didn't work. How do you approach putting your design across multiple canvas sizes?

1. Save design as png or jpg image and paste onto a pre-set canvas size?
    2. Copy and paste all layers into a new ArtRage project with new canvas size (I attempted this and could only copy and paste one layer at a time)
    3. Some secret way in ArtRage?

I don't like the idea of exporting as an image because I can't manipulate it further - it would be nice to keep layers intact. For example, some designs have to be altered to look good on dark t-shirts vs white t-shirts - you've got to have two designs? Do you just export the images you want out sort of one ArtRage file? I hope my questions make sense to some ArtRage/Zazzle user!

IT-Jane
    Last edited by itjane; 11-18-2013 at 03:00 AM. Reason: sentence fragment

You can use the Transform All Layers feature, found under the Edit menu. Since your canvas is not square, you'll want to expand the shortest length to match the largest (so in your case, you'll need to resize your 7x5 canvas to 7x7). Then use the Transform All Layers option to rotate your layers 90. Once you've rotated the layers, resize the canvas down to 5x7 (reversing the dimensions to match the rotated layers).

One thing to note when transforming layers, is that the area of rotation will always be placed at the center of the content. This means, if you haven't any marks on the far left side of the canvas and go to transform, the center point will not match the canvas's center. As a work around, I'd suggest adding a new layer, making a mark on all four sides of the canvas which must trail directly off the canvas. Then, when you do the Transform All Layers, ArtRage will be forced to extend the transformation to the full size of the canvas, keeping everything center.

If you need it, I can make a video demonstration of this.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Someone Sane -

An interesting approach - yes, it works! As a newbie, my additional problem was that I overlooked unchecking the "preserve original aspect ratio" and was getting frustrated when one box would automatically adjust the adjoining dimension box. Thank you - I am good to go!

-IT Jane

Glad to hear you have it sorted out IT Jane. Have fun ArtRage'n
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.