ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Rotating a reference image

Rotating a reference image

Hi. I'm just a beginner and imported a reference image to start a portrait but the image comes in within the landscape format and there seems to be no way to rotate it to fit the portrait format that I want. Can anyone help? Thanks heaps in anticipation. :-)

Welcome to the forums MalSproull. Could please let us know which version of ArtRage you're using (ArtRage 2.5, ArtRage Studio/Pro, ArtRage 4)? Also, when you say you've imported a reference, do you mean that you've imported an image into ArtRage using the Reference system or that you have imported an image using the Tracing system?
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

I think he asked about rotating the sheet panel. Yesterday ist was okay, and my cursor turned into a rotating symbol, so I could rotate my scrap panel / reference panel. But today I don't get this option. Is there a key for rotating? I can set only to normal view => normal size and rotation, by clicking the right mouse button.

To rotate the references, you just need to place your cursor over one of the four edges of the reference box, then left and drag your mouse around the image. There's no extra buttons required.

If you're not seeing the cursor change to the rotation symbol, then it's probably a bug. Most likely there may be something beneath the reference that's forcing the cursor from changing appearance. For example, after doing some experimenting, I've noticed if you have more then one reference opened, and have them piled up on top of each other, the cursor may not switch over visually. However, this won't keep you from being able to rotate the reference. As long as you place your cursor on the edge of the reference (not the corners, because that scales it), you should be able to rotate them.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.