ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Old Snoozer

Old Snoozer

On our recent visit to Cape Otway, we were delighted to find a large number of koalas in the eucalypts along the road to the lighthouse. This one was deeply asleep and wasn't disturbed at all as I circled underneath the trees to photograph him.

Attachment 77837

Awwww, the cuteness! Great job, you really did justice his character and snugginess :]

If I could sleep that deep ... but then, I'd be unaware of the surge of brushstroke and long rhythmic line and soft blanketing tone enveloping me
    xiěyž, n. freehand brushwork, spontaneous expression
    Artrage Gallery
    / Leaning Tree Ink Studio

This is wonderful Robyn, he looks so content. Brilliant work
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

This is delightful

Beautifully painted and such a cutie pie subject. I treasure my visit to Australia even though the only Koala bears I saw were at the Taronga Zoo in Sydney . I bought a stuffed one to bring home and named him Sydney and my sister gave me one now named Alice!

That is so cute Robyn, kind of reminds me of one of our cats that likes to sleep in one of our trees.
    Geoff

Great job Robyn!
    It conveying a message to me....Makes me want to find the nearest comfortable tree, and take a nap.......never mind!.... can't muster the effort to climb one!... the couch will have to do!
    Like it!
    Take care,
    Steve
    Last edited by stevemawmv; 11-15-2013 at 06:26 AM. Reason: Apparently, i can't spell...Punctuation was tossed years ago!

Love the painting of this cute fellow. I have one hanging in my kitchen even if it's only a little stuffed one

As a trickle down from teenage girls and their stuffed animals, I always wondered what teddy bears held for a cuddle when it was their turn to fall asleep. . . Question answered by the Wise Old Koala. They hold onto whatever limbs are available, whether those of little girls or trees.

Very cute picture.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thank you all so much everyone. It's wonderful to see just how much our beautiful koala is loved worldwide. When we pulled up to see them and photograph ... about 12, I think..... others stopped as well, and there was an excited throng from many countries looking and snapping away.

Yes, he looks so beautifully asleep.