ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Artrage 3.5.4 performance issues with OSX Mavericks 10.9

Artrage 3.5.4 performance issues with OSX Mavericks 10.9

I'm running a 2011 Mac Mini with 8gigs of memory
    The performance issues are not exclusive to the tablet, but using the latest wacom intuos tablet fyi.
    When I try to change colors be it mouse or tablet, it takes up to 30 seconds or more for the program to respond.
    When I draw, it takes a while for the icon to show up, and I can't see where on the palette I'm drawing. When I do draw it takes a while as well, the entire program is very sluggish.
    I have to say Artrage's palettes (especially canvas) compared to Painter's latest program is superior and pretty impressive, so I'm wondering if the program is using too many resources.

Not having issues with Painter (even though Corel warns about issues on Mavericks) so with that memory intensive program, not sure why I'm having problems with ArtRage.

Hello and welcome navygent
    Have you seen this post from the AR team about Mavericks and AR3.5 here; http://forums.artrage.com/showthread...763#post457763
    Updating your copy of AR3.5.4 to 3.5.11 should hopefully get it working like it used to again
    Last edited by markw; 11-11-2013 at 09:36 AM.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

That's correct. The latest version 3.5.11 contains fixes specifically for OS X 10.9.

The reason you are having a problem is that changes in the operating system relating to screen updates and multiple monitor support caused problems with the older version you're running. Updating will correct that.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Quote Originally Posted by DaveRage View Post
    That's correct. The latest version 3.5.11 contains fixes specifically for OS X 10.9.

The reason you are having a problem is that changes in the operating system relating to screen updates and multiple monitor support caused problems with the older version you're running. Updating will correct that.
    Aaaand I feel like an idiot, I looked at my version 3.5.4, thought I had the latest version, and I did not. Problem fixed, thank you Mark and Dave!!

No problem! On Mavericks the updater for 3.5.4 wouldn't have been able to complete checking due to changes in the new OS, so you wouldn't have been able to successfully check for updates unfortunately which wouldn't have helped. Glad to hear the problem is solved!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design