ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Conclusion IR-14.

Conclusion IR-14.

ArtRage+Photoshop(RAW-import+post)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Толоконникова-&#10.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	162.2 KB 
ID:	77735  

A quite androgynous portrait painting in my view. The lips remind me one of the three Russian "pussy riot" jailed, the one sent to Siberia, according to what I read. The light and color scheme here are somehow different from Your usual ones ... I like it very much. Always a unique, tasty style what You display!
    Last edited by Caesar; 11-08-2013 at 08:35 PM.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Very impressive likeness.....
    You've achieved another 'thought-provoking image of harsh realities!
    I applaud you my friend,
    Steve

Caesar
    so it is: one of the women prisoners.

I don't know nothing about no pussy riots. . . but if Caesar knows about it and it's as far away as Russia, it's likely to have a healthy dose of sexual intrigue, and that's good enough to keep me glued to my seat.

Be that as it may, this is an intriguing portrait. The style is rigid and solid, almost sculpted out of color. And to paint a lovely lady who is probably very fluid moving in this manner, it sets up a contrast between subject and style. I find the combination most intriguing. Her look is mesmerizing, because it is almost possessing an inner life that is radiating out. And I half expect her to interact with me in some way. Very alluring.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

great portrait !!!!
    is there any news what happened to her? a few days ago i heard that she disapeared.

mentalaustrian
    While the silence in the air.

Not really, dear D Akey. It's a Russian protest movement like the Ukrainian born Femen (not with naked breasts like them though as strange as it may be for me LOL). Three young women were arrested for fiercely protesting in a church several months ago and are still under arrest. The "leader" of the three, who became popular enough also abroad was sent in Siberia lately, a quite sinister message reminding past times gulags.
    I would be a little surprised, but not so much, that in US there's little or no information at all on news like this, or maybe that of Greenpeace activists arrested by Russian forces for piracy and quite a lot of other news all over the world places in the world where people in many correct or disputable ways fight for some right or human and environment defence issue.
    I presume there's still little interest of Americans for what happens beyond their borders, unless it directly impacts US politics, policies and politicians, with worrisome reactions and answers in cases such as that of Assange, Snowden, espionage on allies etc. which deals with issues which are of paramount importance also for American people. Such "selective" removal is an attitude which may be progressively damaging US influence and reference for freedom and human rights in these days when worldwide power is more and more shared among a few big and often bullish nations.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Smile The eyes

I love the flames in the eyes

Thanks Caesar,

I was hoping I could get an explanation. I still don't know who they were based on "3 women in a church". And unless you know the story, I had nothing to use as a search string other than the title of this thread and I got nothing.

Don't go by me whether the story was a big one in the USA or not. Stories come and go at an alarmingly fast rate here. I don't follow the news because I don't have a TV and I can't bear listening to the radio except in the car, and I don't drive a lot, but I can't stand radio because of the incessant harangue by advertisers. It's too much and the music is the same stuff they've played since the 1960s. . . nonstop. It's not because the music is so appealing after all that time, it's because it's paid for already and it can be aired cheaply.

Anyway, to say Americans don't have a care for anything outside their borders is a particularly strange comment. It's usually the opposite comment, about how we're too much in everyone else's business. People love cliche's, don't they. And they love to point fingers.

But news is controlled in the USA and Russia and China and anywhere political regimes and business interests want to control people's opinion. I can't recall when we ever were encouraged to make a fuss over Russian or Chinese internal affairs, because then they could make a fuss over ours and we're right back in the Cold War, and I suppose that's bad for business. And business is frequently behind abusing the planet's resources. So since business is really in control, the powers that be use their control to minimize anything that would slow business.

Sadly our news is very controlled and manipulated, as is the case everywhere on the planet, but there are independent news sources, and the world can be heard over here too via the internet.

If the news is accessible in Italy for example, it is because the business interests there feel that news is serving their interests, whether it is because they are being kept out of the big game and want to "rub their nose in it", or because so long as you in Italy are concerning yourself with Russian and American problems, you are looking less at the problems that might curtail Italian business.

But that's all being too simplistic because there is a lot of individual dimensions to it, but there it is, broad as you please.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    Not really, dear D Akey. It's a Russian protest movement like the Ukrainian born Femen (not with naked breasts like them though as strange as it may be for me LOL). Three young women were arrested for fiercely protesting in a church several months ago and are still under arrest. The "leader" of the three, who became popular enough also abroad was sent in Siberia lately, a quite sinister message reminding past times gulags.
    I would be a little surprised, but not so much, that in US there's little or no information at all on news like this, or maybe that of Greenpeace activists arrested by Russian forces for piracy and quite a lot of other news all over the world places in the world where people in many correct or disputable ways fight for some right or human and environment defence issue.
    I presume there's still little interest of Americans for what happens beyond their borders, unless it directly impacts US politics, policies and politicians, with worrisome reactions and answers in cases such as that of Assange, Snowden, espionage on allies etc. which deals with issues which are of paramount importance also for American people. Such "selective" removal is an attitude which may be progressively damaging US influence and reference for freedom and human rights in these days when worldwide power is more and more shared among a few big and often bullish nations.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream