ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Apollo Bay Cypresses

Apollo Bay Cypresses

I love those windblown leaning cypress trees planted along the coastline and took lots of pics on our last visit to Apollo Bay. I've been meaning to do some for a long while, but wanted them dark and interesting. I've sort of nutted out how to get the effect I want.

Attachment 77718

"I've sort of nutted out how to get the effect I want"

For me..... I like it as presented, I don't think you nutted out at all!
    Reminds me of the cypress on our coast lines, I like the not quite black and white feel of it!
    Like it!
    Steve

He he he Steve, don't you believe I didn't do a lot of 'nutting out' beforehand! But afterward I got the nuts and bolts in, I enjoyed mashing it up a bit.

Well, they certainly have a graphic design nature that you can (and did) carry through the rest of the environment. So it's very cohesive. Super bold. One might think you were into Chinese calligraphy. Wouldn't Mr Pete be pleased. The more I think about this and the impression settles, the more this feels like it should be on a cliff near an ocean. Feels thick and hunkered down as if against a gale. But this tree is definitely winning, and not some spindly remnant that looks like it's all a-tatter. This one endures.
    Last edited by D Akey; 11-07-2013 at 06:59 PM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

It's all 'round and square pegs, they do eventually find their paths!
    Steve

Hi Mr Akey, yes they are right on the beachfront, with the sand at the front. I love them. Brace yourself, there will be more!

I don't know how You got those brushstrokes, but this painting is as simple as absolutely exquisite!
    It's curious to notice how different Cypresses look over there. Here they're slender, vertical and pointy while those ones look much more similar to our Mediterranean maritime pines.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Hi Caesar, these would be very old ones, I would say, and trimmed up the trunks to keep them tidy for the beachfront/roadside. Then, of course, you have years of being battered by the winds off the sea, which would twist and prune them into such elegant shapes.

This is very impressive Robyn, I could look at it for ages. I am so looking forward to seeing more like this
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Very well done

A dramatic outstanding image of these trees.