ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: No Pressure Sensitivity - But Works in Other Programs

No Pressure Sensitivity - But Works in Other Programs

I have no pressure sensitivity in ArtRage, and have followed all the suggestions in the FAQ (latest version of ArtRage, latest driver, no_ink.inf file, etc.). Pressure sensitivity works in TwistedBrush, Manga Studio, Comicado, and other programs, however. I have the 'precise' setting turned off, as well, and have tried with 'WinTab' both on and off (restarting ArtRage each time, of course).

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Bryan

The no_ink.inf file won't have any effect if you're using a current version of ArtRage ( as it's not needed anymore ), so you can feel free to delete that. Can you let us know:

The version of ArtRage you're using
    The operating system you're using
    What tablet you're using.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Tablet: Monoprice 10x6.25 (not sure of model number)
    ArtRage Version; 4.06

Thanks!
    Bryan

Quote Originally Posted by DaveRage View Post
    The no_ink.inf file won't have any effect if you're using a current version of ArtRage ( as it's not needed anymore ), so you can feel free to delete that. Can you let us know:

The version of ArtRage you're using
    The operating system you're using
    What tablet you're using.

Thanks for that!

I'd recommend going to Edit -> ArtRage preferences and turning 'use realtime stylus' off, turning 'use wintab' on and leave 'use precise tablet' off, then closing and restarting Artrage after you're prompted.

If that solves the problem, it's likely that your other apps are working because they support the 'wintab' tablet input standard. A newer standard provided by Microsoft, 'realtime stylus' is also available on Windows and Artrage supports both standards. If ArtRage is receiving realtime stylus data from the tablet, it will be using that, and if there's a problem with that data that could cause what you're seeing. Turning off realtime stylus support allows ArtRage to use wintab only.

If you still have problems, please email me at support@artrage.com and I'll see what else I can do to help.

EDIT: Corrected 'precise tablet' setting
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

I already tried that with no luck.

Bryan

Please email me for further troubleshooting at support@artrage.com
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design