ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: More stuff with and for my kids...

More stuff with and for my kids...

If you guys don't already know, artrage is wonderful for using with children. We play games with it. Tell stories with it. We have a lot of fun with a 5$ app. Here's a few things I did with the kids recently.

A garden "berry" for my youngest.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	189.2 KB 
ID:	77695

An adventurer for my oldest.

Views:	76 
Size:	229.5 KB 
ID:	77696

My youngest playing with the paint knife.

Views:	65 
Size:	209.2 KB 
ID:	77697

My son having fun with Picasso. So proud of his work on this one!

Views:	72 
Size:	128.0 KB 
ID:	77698

It looks if you and your children are having a blast!
    I like the 'adventurer' Who's the DareDevil?
    I'm glad your kids are painting with you.
    Steve

Now that you show what interface they can manage, you surely must tell your children's ages. I'm assuming you are showing work done on Picasso here because they can't yet handle a more complex interface. And that sort of begs the question. So how old is too young?

Go kids! Sneak in and use ArtRage when dad isn't looking! (It's a way better program).
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thanks for the kind words.

Yeah, we have a lot of fun together playing drawing games and coloring with the ipad.

My oldest, Abby, is 9.5 years. My son, Ollie, is almost 6. My youngest, Calleigh, is 3.5.

The youngest does the best with touch screens. My two older kids will touch things by accident and that frustrates them. Ollie was working on a Picasso unit at school when he did that piece, given time and opportunity he does more detailed stuff of the stick figure variety. He just nailed the feeling with different colors in that piece. It's one of my favorites that he's done.

The set up they seem to like best is using the capacitive tip on the back of the Sensu. They like playing with the capacitive fiber brush too but those lose patience with that quickly compared to the stylus tip. I have several different types of stylus and the rugged nature of the Sensu tip, plus the sensitivity, works the best for them. I have to admit, I like it better than my fancy wacom stylus too. The wacom tips are very thin and while that gives you great control and a lot of fine detail capability it also means that they tear with use and you need to be religious about cleaning the screen. The sensu tip has a great weight and feel, it's very robust, and I haven't seen even a crack in the tip cover material after 1 year of constant use. Though I am curious to pick up a pressure sensitive stylus for the iPad and see what that does.

I think the ipad as a drawing interface, especially with artrage, is ideal for all ages. I use an iPad2. I have a wacom bamboo and other tools at home, but the form factor of the tablet, and how light it is!, works very well for kids. Plus with the 2, it doesn't get hot. So kids can use it as long as they like. They prefer this set-up and drawing tablet to other kid friendly ones like the Innotab, Wii Draw, or Leap Pad.

Quote Originally Posted by stevemawmv View Post
    It looks if you and your children are having a blast!
    I like the 'adventurer' Who's the DareDevil?
    I'm glad your kids are painting with you.
    Steve
    Hi Steve,

The adventurer is modeled after my oldest daughter. The character's name is "Compass Rose." It goes with a poem I wrote with my daughter.

Cheers,

Chris

Quite an art surroundings for them. Home and at school. They should blow past you in record time, the ones who actually take to heart picture-making where it's theirs forever. It's a great tool. I had thought my kid was going to become an artist. But he uses his creativity in other ways, and there's infinite ways to be an artist. The good positive grounding will always pay off. . . and most of all the joy of doing it with dad is a feeling they will forever be able to access through art. Great parenting. Lucky kids.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Nice paintings, looks like you are all having fun
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Kids just love watching the paint going onto the screen, and it wonderful you are enjoying their experimenting. My grandson comes up and the first thing he wants to do is get onto Art Rage on the big screen, then crank up the printer so he can take a copy home. We do a mish mash of both our efforts and not a drop of spilled paint!

You're absolutely right! They do love to watch the paint go on the screen. It's great fun to do it with them. We do coloring pages that we print out for them on artrage. Like this one we did last month while they were listening to Peter and the wolf.

Views:	77 
Size:	286.3 KB 
ID:	77768

Sounds as though one iPad wouldn't be enough for your very creative family My grandson lives a continent away, he tells me he loves to fingerpaint but the parents say he refuses to have paint on his fingers, go figure ... so the iPad is an ideal solution
    xiěyž, n. freehand brushwork, spontaneous expression
    Artrage Gallery
    / Leaning Tree Ink Studio