ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Daenerys Targaryen

Daenerys Targaryen

Here is a work in prog from the TV series Game of Thrones:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Daenerys13.jpg 
Views:	1776 
Size:	58.7 KB 
ID:	77678

Fantastic beginnings,
    If I ever could achieve half of these skills, 'mine would be cropped, backgrounded and called done!, for fear of screwing it up!
    Really looking forward following your process!
    Steve
    +Great Show!

Thanks Steve!

Name:	DaenerysT20.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	52.7 KB 
ID:	77693

Holy crap, this is good. I like it very much and you do her justice (one of my fav characters!). I can't get that level of depth and detail in my attempts, well done. Face is well moulded, eyes great, hair soft. Aaaaa... Do a tutorial? Wish I could see more step by step creation

Now I'm waiting for another one with her and a dragon

Fantastic Job Martin!
    I would like to see a Beginning, middle and end on one of your painting someday as well!
    Again, great job!
    Steve

Thanks! Yeah She is a awesome character, one of my fav's also, I am looking forward to the new series.

I tend to have many, many..... Layers which I change opacity and then blend in using a mixture of the Soft and Blur Palette Knife. I kind of dab area's I need blending in also to mix the shades together.

What I tend to do is roughly slap all the eyedropped colours for the skin tone from the image I am copying and then try blend them in, then add layers ontop.

Here was one of the early layers I merged down:

Name:	1399091_4895144195329_2029277158_o.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	55.8 KB 
ID:	77706

I may open the picture up and add a body and dragons at a later date as She is great to paint.

Thanks for comments

Thanks, Martin...
    I'm only using two layers at the moment, tried more, but kept tripping over them...I know 'name them and manage properly!
    Probably why I get dark hard blended images....Will start adding afew layers, and see how my management skills are.
    Again, this is great image!
    Thanks for the tips, hope to see more,
    Steve