ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Small autumn landscape

Small autumn landscape

... in mixed media ... the base is water-soluble pencil on paper imported to the iPhone with a digital overlay applied ...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    xiěyž, n. freehand brushwork, spontaneous expression
    Artrage Gallery
    / Leaning Tree Ink Studio

I throughly enjoyed visiting your Gallery, Admire your style of "spontaneous expression" something I'm incapable of doing or havn't explored, would like too!
    Enjoyed them all,
    Steve

Looks good , Pete. Autumn is a lovely time of year

hi steve m, the paintings in the gallery mostly are small format because it's hard to be spontaneous for very long, hehe ... when I'm able to write longer I want to say something about the dynamic tilt in your Waiting ...

hi jean, has the season peaked where you are? tomorrow we lengthen the day at one end and shorten it at the other ... this is in line with my painting calendar: winter is dark light, spring is light light, summer is long light, autumn is lost light ...
    Artrage Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by chinapete View Post
    hi jean, has the season peaked where you are? tomorrow we lengthen the day at one end and shorten it at the other ... this is in line with my painting calendar: winter is dark light, spring is light light, summer is long light, autumn is lost light ...
    This is the end of my driveway about the 9th of Oct, now the leaves are all on the ground time change tomorrow at 2am

Name:  autumn.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  156.5 KB

wow, jean, no wonder you paint as you do ...

... more modestly, the garden at mid-October ... this is where I spend time watching the light turn, you may recognize some of the motifs in my paintings ... the mums are off to the right, out of the picture space ...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Artrage Gallery

Pete, how lovely . I can image sitting reading in that garden it looks so peaceful

Hi Pete now you've started chucking Grenades at me. yah. Boo. Missed. . Jainkang
    Yes I agree what U said about Jean. What it must be to see such colour at your door Fantastic
    If I could paint I would like to paint it but I'm. Still an old Carpet Bagger.

hey A.T.P, are you still talking about the mums? ... I'm catching up with your recent drawings, they seem to be growing looser and larger as time goes by, what an appetite for life ... and art ...
    Artrage Gallery

If anybody failed to visualize Mr Pete's work in context on a wall, I can really easily see them printed or painted large 5-6 feet tall, in a series of vertical rectangular images, all the same size and framed with a very simple silver metal strip of a frame, in a very modern, Asian (in my mind Japanese design sensibilities more than Chinese) influenced room, with lots of blond wood and tall vertical non-paned glass windows, with a floor maybe even reminiscent of or actually mats -- all very muted earth toned hues in the room. And out the windows would be a garden having trees that would change with the seasons.

Context is very important. I think the pics would be brilliant -- borderline abstract, super simple, very evocative in a serene way. The compositions of the pictures would then become bold design elements in the room. And they would be inextricable from the experience of the room environment itself.

Go Mr Pete, Go (architectural).
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream