ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No Trick-orTreaters again this year. . .

No Trick-orTreaters again this year. . .

No kids came to the door again this year. . . and here I sit scarfing down Reese's peanut butter cups by the handfuls. . .

Right. That does it. The children have done it to themselves. Next year I'm handing out celery maybe some carrot sticks and French onion dip. I mean if I have to eat this crap myself. . . and I seem to have no self-control when munchies are around. . . So it might as well be something I can enjoy. Next year I'll dress as Wolverine so I can take advantage of the slicing and dicing features of the costume when I prep the veggie platter. With all those blades, I could probably slice a carrot in one pass. 'Course it could play hell with my guitar later. . . although I could probably shred pretty good. . .

What the heck happened to a proper Halloween?
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Disappointing if you bought the sweets and stuff. Did you decorate the front of your house so the kidlets knew to come in?

We live way up in the country, so don't need to think of having yummy nibbles for small visitors. Whew!

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    No kids came to the door again this year. . . and here I sit scarfing down Reese's peanut butter cups by the handfuls. . .

Right. That does it. The children have done it to themselves. Next year I'm handing out celery maybe some carrot sticks and French onion dip. I mean if I have to eat this crap myself. . . and I seem to have no self-control when munchies are around. . . So it might as well be something I can enjoy. Next year I'll dress as Wolverine so I can take advantage of the slicing and dicing features of the costume when I prep the veggie platter. With all those blades, I could probably slice a carrot in one pass. 'Course it could play hell with my guitar later. . . although I could probably shred pretty good. . .

What the heck happened to a proper Halloween?
    'What the heck happened to a proper Halloween?'

Well Mr D'Akey, it was a case of Christians trying to appropriate another pagan festival, in order to convert the heathen masses. Christ's birth date was moved a few months by a the Roman Emperor Constantine to fit in with Mithras and the solstice. Everybody loves an end of year piss up. Easter jiggles about every year to fit in with Beltane. They had missed Sahwain, however, the festival to celebrate the passing of the summer and to honour one's ancestors (who are of course dead). The church despaired that they had no handy Christian event to bend into shape to replace it, so they defaulted to teaching that it was evil devil/dead people worship. Then some cunning American chap, who owned a sweet shop, must have thought I can make some money out of this.
    So if you want a proper Halloween I suggest a bonfire and some wolf pelts, cast aside your everyday clothes, smear yourself with bear fat, could be chilly out there. Imbibe some strong spirits, maybe a psychotropic mushroom or two, because that opens up the mind to the other world. A bit of chanting would not go amiss, dancing around the bonfire is always good, but watch out for hedgehogs. The important thing is to remember you are celebrating the coming dark and the passing of the summer, that you remember your ancestors and those who have left us, they may come over and say hi. And if any Christians try to tell you it's about witches, ghosts and ghoulies, tell them to bugger off.

Feel free to send any chocolate and treats to me. Would be especially useful now that my shingles decided to come back once again and are making an utter (and very painful) mess from my face.

Interesting. Alright, I can probably get some bear fat on Amazon or at least Ebay. So now say I'm covered in bear fat, does that mean I lose my shot to play Wolverine? But, hang on a tick, you say there are mushrooms involved, which gives me hope that I can still salvage Plan A. . . toss in some celery bits and onion dip and I'm on board? You're right. . . This holiday kinda sucks anymore.

What would the ancestors say? Sure sure about all the pagan stuff. . . but I bet your ancestors were Christians and at the heart of this calender re-apportionment fiasco. So if you start communing with them you may find their rhetoric a little less than what you had hoped for. . .

I think you need to set the Wayback Machine for WAY WAY back to hop over the midrange and get to where they really knew how to erect a proper calendar, wot? Either way, this Halloween's gone. And there are Americans counting their cash, and getting kickbacks from the dentists. Yankee clippers indeed.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by Mirithiar View Post
    Feel free to send any chocolate and treats to me. Would be especially useful now that my shingles decided to come back once again and are making an utter (and very painful) mess from my face.
    Oh bummer. . . yeah. . . ONE MORE VEGGIE PLATTER!!!

Actually you could be right, if you could communicate with your ancestors most of them would say, 'Why is it so dark in here?'

Quote Originally Posted by copespeak View Post
    Disappointing if you bought the sweets and stuff. Did you decorate the front of your house so the kidlets knew to come in?

We live way up in the country, so don't need to think of having yummy nibbles for small visitors. Whew!
    Yeah, well no. . . I did no decorating. I left that to my spiders who laid down a very authentic, creepy aura.

So you live way out in the woods? Do you take gold and other things for love potions as well? I think I read about. . . wait, that was the American South. . . out in the woods. . . where the trailer folk conduct Twilight Zone episode re-enactments. . .

I'm looking at this sack of candy and I feel I'm weakening. . . quick it's time for a carrot stick. . . think veggie platters. . . What I DO NOT need is acne and gout. . . Oh the horrors. . .

We never get tricker treaters either but living rural, out here the youngsters have an event at the village hall where there is plenty of candy for all.
    Geoff

I'm also out in the sticks and no wee goblins come a calling here but I buy the candy just so I can eat it all myself It wasn't without happenings tho , strong winds and two big trees down right across the fence of Dutch's playpen