ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: A birthday card bavarian bear

A birthday card bavarian bear

Hi!

i was longer member here and I was last here about 5 years ago?
    This picture is a birthday card for my father in law. Sorry, the text is in german

Greeting Davisa

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bayerische_geburtstag.jpg 
Views:	464 
Size:	284.0 KB 
ID:	77630

How quaint. Very cheery. I love the spirit of it. . . even though I don't know German. The picture says it all.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thank you D.Akey!

I love the cartoons. I had stopped to paint a few years because my graphic tablet was broken and I did'nt have much money for a new grafik tablet :-(. And I had no time too because I had a new job. Now I'm pregnant and I'm so happy because my boyfriend has buyed a new graphic tablet for me and finally I have to draw more time and fun. The artrage is so awesome and I love it ^^

Davisa,
    Willkommen zurück, schön Geburtstagskarte und Herzlichen Glückwunsch zu Ihrer bevorstehenden Neuzugang...

Well, I hope I didn't just order sushi and a coke, in German?
    Very nice!
    Look forward to more,
    Steve
    Last edited by stevemawmv; 11-03-2013 at 08:51 PM.

Thank you D.Akey!

I love the cartoons. I had stopped to paint a few years because my graphic tablet was broken and I did'nt have much money for a new grafik tablet :-(. And I had no time too because I had a new job. Now I'm pregnant and I'm so happy because my boyfriend has buyed a new graphic tablet for me and finally I have to draw more time and fun. The artrage is so awesome and I love it ^^

Are you quite sure about your last reply?
    I'm between your last Two, Identical ones...Twins, maybe?
    Steve
    Last edited by stevemawmv; 11-04-2013 at 04:25 AM.

This is such a jolly card and so well painted. Looking forward to seeing more from you now that you are up and running. Well done
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Quote Originally Posted by stevemawmv View Post
    Are you quite sure about your last reply?
    I'm between the two twin replies...
    Steve
    I think your German needs work, Steve. I think you said (rough translation), "Welcome, and forget the sushi and coke -- instead please repeat to D Akey what you just said to him. He's been pretty distracted unwrapping Halloween candy."

Granted, my German is weak. But I think that's what you said. I thought your comment was funny.

The most likely scenario is that she is doing what we often do -- going to a computer translator and copying and pasting. I think she grabbed the wrong translation. But, I enjoyed it a second time. Really hammered the message home.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

I thought of that as well, thought of trying another language too!
    Instead, did a edit on my reply, maybe alittle distraction is happening?

There's possibly some few German "familiar" orthographic variations, but I believe I could enjoy the card with what is left of my German language memory I unfortunately didn't take up to become really fluent and "thick" enough as vocabulary. I like very much both the figure and the "rhyming and rythmic" sound of the verses.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!