ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any news from pai?

Any news from pai?

been away for awhile... and today one of pai's image came strongly to my mind. So I ask around, have you, forum members, heard of her lately?
    I'm the happiest man in the world. I just don't know this, yet.

my gallery: http://members.artrage.com/gallery/32810

I would hope so. Nothing in the Forums in a while though she did pop in in September to say happy birthday. Lovely lady. Very missed.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Hello Everyone,

I just saw this thread and I thankful to Orkhan for posting this thread. I have been having physical issues again since July and have been focusing on that lately the past few months. As I really can't sit long at computer desk right now because of both acid reflux and high blood pressure at the moment. The diastolic reading of my blood pressure is up to 120 just last few days ago and has to rush to ER to check out what happened. So far not sure what has caused the high blood pressure. Still have more tests to do in coming months.

However, I still check on the forum from time to time using my ipad while I lay down as I couldn't really sit at computer desk much for now. Love to see all beautiful paintings. They made me smile

Hi Pai! Sorry you've been feeling so poorly. Hope you find physical comfort. All that 'body stuff' can be a real impediment.

Well, thinking about you and good knowing you're floating through from time to time. Please take care of yourself.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Probably primary hypertension, like me. When I had the really bad stroke my bp was 230/125. You take care of yourself and don't deal with stupid people anymore than necessary.

The last time I kept an open mind,
    my brain fell out and the dog grabbed it.
    Now it's full of dirt, toothmarks, and dog slobber.
    No more open minds or dogs for me.www.gms9810.com/

I'm sorry to hear you are doing so poorly Pai.

I find the combination of acid reflux and increased high blood pressure disturbing. Those are the combination of symptoms that I had before I finally got diagnosed with a 90% blockage in my widow maker artery in my heart. They had a really hard time diagnosing it until my cardiologist did a heart cauterization. He was very surprised by what he found. I had bypass surgery a couple of days later.

Women are notoriously difficult to diagnose with heart problems. I had a heart scan that didn't reveal the severity of my problem. My regular doctor thought that I had acid reflux for a while. Heart issues can mimic acid reflux. If you have a heart issue without having any muscle damage yet, the problem will not show up in blood or EKG tests.

If you have pain in your jaw at all make sure they check your heart out really well.

I retired from a company that makes cardiac monitoring and diagnostic equipment (I was monitored prior to my surgery by a telemetry unit that I help make), so I'm well aware of the issues with women and heart issues and the difficulties of proper diagnosis.

A quick way to determine if you have a heart issue is to try a digitalis patch, if you feel a relief of symptoms you know you have some type of circulatory issue.

I'll keep you in my prayers,
    Betsy
    Aunt Betsy

My Zazzle store:
    Aunt Betsy's Celebration Art

Well, Aunt Betsy, first, it's good to see you back. Thought maybe you got tangled up in one of your lanyard patterns. . . which were amazing, by the way.

So you're concerning me a little about health stuff in general. Sorry you had to go through that. Glad you did and are talking about it. But some of that stuff is down right disquieting. So are you saying that using a digitalis patch if one feels the possible symptoms is a sort of litmus test to perhaps be indicating something nasty in the arteries? Geez. I will go out and see about it on general principle.

I think that a certain amount of clogging comes with certain diets over lo these many years riding around in this body. And there's been stuff in the family about heart problems.

Good point of awareness. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Well, Aunt Betsy, first, it's good to see you back. Thought maybe you got tangled up in one of your lanyard patterns. . . which were amazing, by the way.

So you're concerning me a little about health stuff in general. Sorry you had to go through that. Glad you did and are talking about it. But some of that stuff is down right disquieting. So are you saying that using a digitalis patch if one feels the possible symptoms is a sort of litmus test to perhaps be indicating something nasty in the arteries? Geez. I will go out and see about it on general principle.

I think that a certain amount of clogging comes with certain diets over lo these many years riding around in this body. And there's been stuff in the family about heart problems.

Good point of awareness. Thanks.
    Thanks D Akey, I still stop in from time to time, I burn out on art stuff after bursts of creativity. I stay away from it for a while to recharge.

Yes, the digitalis patch can indicate by its success in improving the symptoms of chest pain and tiredness that there is a problem with blood flow. It can come with one whooper of a headache for a couple of days while your brain gets use to the extra blood flow. You only want to try it if your doctor thinks it's warranted. Digitalis pills can be used for occasional acute angina symptoms and a patch from more chronic symptoms.

The problem with women compared to men with heart problems is that the scanning test can show very little problem when in reality there is a big problem. I had a resting stress test where I was in severe chest pain during the test, but it only showed a slight anomaly in the test. The problem in diagnosing was because even though I had sever chest pain, I hadn't suffered any tissue damage in my heart. I had gotten good a doing things slowly and stopping to rest when I was in chest pain. I also take a fair amount of aspirin. That is what kept me alive during about 18 months of suffering. The symptoms really do mimic acid reflux or a hiatal hernia because you are often in much chest pain after eating a meal.

I now have a different heart issue, aortic valve stenosis (from having scarlet fever as a child), which shows up very nicely as a heart mummer when the doctor listens to my heart beat, a changed EKG, and on an ultra sound test. A much easier diagnosis to achieve than having to thread a catheter through an artery into my heart. Not as easy to fix, but much easier to find.

Pai, I certainty don't know if you have a heart issue or not, but I just want you to be aware of some of the similarities between your symptoms and what I went through. Doctors can be good at ignoring possibilities because you don't fit what is typical. Doctors can have preconceived notions that are difficult to bypass when they don't have good test data to indicate what is wrong.

Betsy
    Aunt Betsy

My Zazzle store:

Hello Aunt Betsy,

I appreciated so much you shared your detailed experiences and information about this. These information are very helpful for me to ask the doctors to look at these few things you have mentioned. I have the exact few symptoms like yours. Chest pain always comes up when I ate something. My doctor only thinks it's the acid reflux caused the heartburn. Based on your information above, I think it is more than that. As far as I know my mother also had heart and kidney issues.

Again, thanks so much for taking time to share the information and your thoughtfulness reply too. I hope you all well and hope to see your creative card designs soon.

Thanks Pai,

I'm glad you are finding the info helpful. I will send you more specifics in a PM. I just find the sharp increase in blood pressure very alarming so I felt compelled to share my experience with you.

Betsy
    Aunt Betsy

My Zazzle store: