ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Pear x three

Pear x three

I used a painting by Chardin for a reference, changed a few things and tried some different brushes and a canvas by Jules and painted it a little dark

Name:  3 pears.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  46.9 KB

Dark and really interesting Jean!

Hi Jean,
    I really like this, as well of all your still life paintings in your gallery, 'Jug,apples,knife' reminded me of my Grandad, he would pick and bring home a burlap bag of apples sit down take his knife, cut slices and give them to all us kids when we were young.
    Very Nice,
    Steve

Hi. Jean. Looks as if the half term rest has done you good as you have put on your painting

Smock. With Chardin. Makes me go green with envy just looking at it. A might try in a few

Years time if I ever reach your standard of painting I'll show to my old mate the Reaper

Then he will. With luck grant me more time. Ok. Jean. Fantastic. Even Chardin is clapping

. SLAINTE

Totally impressed

I love still life with dark backgrounds. I have done some myself. The fruit shows off beautifully.

Wow! That's quite a pear times three, JustJean! You create atmosphere so well. I think you're really onto something. You're seeing the right stuff and translating it into a rich picture.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thanks All

DA, Marilyn Anne, 80+, Steve and Robyn, thanks for peeking in it's much appreciated

Da, I do love the old rich colours they have such warmth and strength to them

Steve, I also remember my gramp slicing up the apples with his old pocket knife

80+, I'll meet you at the old Reaper's coffee bar (but not for a few years yet) and I will watch you sketching ok