ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: [Help] How to zoom on ArtRage 3 with the stylus?

Question [Help] How to zoom on ArtRage 3 with the stylus?

Hello,

I'm using Bamboo Fun Pen & Touch (wacom tablet), and I'd like to use the buttons of the stylus for erase (because the gum is scratching my tablet, and it's faster) and zoom(+unzoom). But I don't see any shortcut in ArtRage which allows to zoom and unzoom with a single button. Neither in wacom settings. I remember that before I reinstall my PC, a year ago, I was able to do that and now it's making me uncomfortable.

Please, if you can find me a solution I would be grateful ! Thank you and sorry for my bad english.

PS : Which shortcuts do you use for the tablet buttons? I got 4 buttons on it, I'm actually using 2 for undo/do and I don't really know which are really interesting for the 2 other buttons.

You should have "Wacom Tablet Properties" option, if you installed the drivers for your tablet. It allows you to choose a program, and then assign what each of the buttons do. Within ArtRage, you can use the "Keyboard Shortcuts" panel to assign a key on your keyboard to zoom in, and another to zoom out. So, what you can do is set up two keys in ArtRage for zooming in and out (like the "+" and "-" keys), then go into your Wacom Table Properties panel and set up the buttons of your stylus (or your tablet buttons) to act as one of the two keys. OR, you can set one button on your stylus (or tablet) to act as the Modifiers for "Shift"+"Right Click". Then you can hold the single button, and move your pen from left to right (hovering over the canvas) to zoom in and out.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

"you can set one button on your stylus (or tablet) to act as the Modifiers for "Shift"+"Right Click". Then you can hold the single button, and move your pen from left to right (hovering over the canvas) to zoom in and out"

Thank you! This was what I was looking for. How did you know that would work? I see no shortcut of this kind on ArtRage for zoom.

Hi batso_92
    Another similar key+click combination you may like as well (if you've not already discovered it) allows you to rotate the canvas as you work.
    This time hold down the Option/alt key then right click and drag left/right the same as for zooming but now the canvas will rotate.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

Quote Originally Posted by batso_92 View Post
    Thank you! This was what I was looking for. How did you know that would work? I see no shortcut of this kind on ArtRage for zoom.
    No problem
    I believe I read it within the PDF help manual somewhere (about the shift and right click, that is). Setting up the stylus buttons for it, came from my own trial and errors with the Wacom settings.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

My configurations of Wacom Pen & Touch:

Name:  wacom.png
Views: 900
Size:  45.5 KB
    Poland (current in Czech Republic)
    ArtRage 4
    Windows 8-64bit
    Genius PenSketch M912