ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: update check

update check

Lately I noticed a behavior that the program not had before been in Artrage.the program is configured to check automatically for updates but when it does check? It keeps on spinning without a return (telling me yes or no for updates)
    BTW, i have the latest update but let it check anyway.
    Any idea why the program doing this?

Yup, I have the same problem beginning with 4.0.5

Brett
    Visit my gallery here.

=========

Studio / Studio Pro 3.5.8 had a problem that would cause this to happen but if you download the 3.5.9 update from the Member Area that should resolve it.

I've not seen this happening in 4.0.5 - If it's happening there it may be that the preferences file isn't being allowed to save on your machine. Are any changes you make such as colour being saved?
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

I get the same behaviour with AR 4.0.5, Matt.

also see this posting in general chat.

preferences are saving properly for me -I changed the cursor to "tool" and next time I opened Artrage it was showing the tool (instead of the "Precise Cursor" I'm usually using).
    >>> MSIE's ArtRage Gallery <<<

"It's a living growing mutating art sculpture painting synthesis." (quote screenpainter)

Is the preference for update checking being saved when you change it? There was a similar issue in 3.5.9 but the code that caused that problem isn't present in 4 so I'm not sure what's happening.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Hi Matt
    I'm having this too with update checking.
    Changing other preferences or settings in 4.0.5 all seem to stick from one session to the next, its just the update check that hangs saying "Checking for updates…" with its little lights going.
    This happens both with the auto update check and doing it manually.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

It looks like there was a small problem with a couple of string IDs in the 405 build. I'll be doing a 406 update in the next day or so to resolve this.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

I've just uploaded replacement builds and 4.0.6 is live in the Member Area now. As the update check in 4.0.5 doesn't work you won't be able to tell from the app itself, but if you head to the Member Area you should be able to get it now.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.