ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Does Artrage have pinned anywhere their "terms of use" for imagery of their products?

Question Does Artrage have pinned anywhere their "terms of use" for imagery of their products?

I'm an artist and I blog about my creations. Part of my blogging style is explaining the creational process of my works. Sometimes it's enough to explain the mediums. But for my first full attempt at an Artrage piece I would like to use some in progress images of my work in its blog post. But the ones I took and wish to use are close ups of my piece in the open Artrage app on my Ipad.

I new at the blogging thing and I am still confused as to what is considered "fair use" and what's considered not.
    Obviously this is an image I created/took myself but it contains their product as well as my original work.

Obviously the images would have that it is artwork in progress in the open Artrage app. And I intend to link to the Artrage site. But I'm not sure if Artrage allows the use of such images or if I need to require written permission from the press team prior and for every instance of use?

I emailed their press email but I'm not sure how long they will take to get back to me.

Thanks in advance.

There are heaps of how-tos with Art Rage on You Tube and elsewhere. My thoughts would be it is fine, as it can only be good for the Art Rage image, but one of the team will spot this and get back to you.

No problem at all, you're welcome to do that. People frequently do this sort of thing in magazines, art websites, youtube and so on. If you want to mention that you did it in ArtRage, that's fantastic and we appreciate it but it's definitely not required.

I hope this helps clarify things, but if you have any questions you're welcome to email me directly at support@artrage.com
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Thank you very much to both of you for replying. I'm glad it's ok. I have shared my work in progress and my blog with other zazzlers and they themselves create art so its of interest to them how I made it as well as other readers I am hoping.