ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: X-ray glasses viewing

Red face X-ray glasses viewing

A weird idea for depicting a maniac and voyeur wearing his mental glasses. Actually an experiment on how I could get a 3-D effect with Artrage and no 3-D software support. Maybe another Halloween nightmare and unpleasant creature ... especially for women. Also a reminder of one of past times magazines and comics propoed gadgets which always raised some curiosity on me too, together with the creatures called sea monkeys or so ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	X-ray glasses for a voyeur.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	159.3 KB 
ID:	77490  
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Would that be a hard boiled Egg O Great One ??? STATTE BBONNE Si Si

Not exactly, dear ATPlus the old.
    What I forgot to say is that I didn't use any reference, neither I imported any image. It may look a sort of different egg types composition, You're right. Anyway, believe it or not, everything. included the "egg" was made by using artrage tools, essentially round and oval stencils, selection tool, several layers and the only the mouse. What You need is just some knowledge of chiaroscuro rules, of shading and highlighting with reasonably appropriate colors. As for the eyeballs, actually You have to be a little familiar with them .... LOL
    Finally You obviously need some sort of crazy imagination to boil it all, but there each of us has its own, personal psychopatology I guess ...
    Take care, old oak!
    Last edited by Caesar; 10-24-2013 at 04:18 AM.

hail O Caesar O Mighty one Thanks for your quick reponce but what is a selection tool have i got one in my kit ??? and as for layer's I keep well away from as they always

wind me up and I can hear their laughter ringing round the house STATTE BBONNE Si Si

Dear ATPLus, the selection tool is the one below that shows a square with a dotted outline. You open it and, in most cases, You may use the magic wand. There's also another interesting tool, the fill one, that with a paint barrel. It's also interesting the transformation one, that with arrows which makes You turn, re-size and distort a layer object, including a stencil. Give a try or ask someone to read You the manual so as to make a little practicing. These tools may be funny and surprising as outcomes and also improve Your productivity at least, which, actually, is not Your main issue I guess ...LOL

Hail O Caesar O Mighty One thanks but I'm no good at reading the manual as I get more confused and then fall asleep but thank you about the magic wand do I have to wave it

in the air shouting beezle bug and it does the layer's if it does thats my kind of tool no all yoking aside thanks and I will have a try STATTE BBONNE SI Si

"They're creepy and they're kooky, mysterious and ookey"!!! There's got to be something Freudian in there Caesar, but beautifully painted, as always.

Good grief! How shameful. This man is not looking into her heart, but what is before it!
    Someone some where, please lock these glasses away, or give them to the ladies for revenge.

Dear ATPlus, I'm afraid I'm a little far to come and show You directly. I hope though that some British mate closer to You may pay You a visit ans show how easy and fruitful is to use some Artrage features You're not familiar with. By the way, I used also the simmetry feature a little ...
    Moreover these times seem not too healthy for Italians in UK, considering, if You know the fact of yesterday or the day before, that poor nice boy beaten up with a friend of him and killed by a miserable pack of nazi wolves among whom four Lithuanians just because of his nationality and the pretext he was taking a job from them by earning some money in an Italian restaurant as a waiter, all with the British police taking little care to communicate, not considering it also as a racist crime, giving a late notice and activated only upon request by ours.

Well, dear Robyn, according to Freud anything in our mental attitudes and behavious has an underground sexual ground, if I may express myself with a pun. Not even me, who has since ever felt attraction towards what we call the "gentle sex", the women, would subscribe this quite limited vision, but I'm sure there are still many gentlemen who like women also for their "exteriors" which isn't negative in itself insofar they can always remind they're persons who are more or less valuable as a whole, just like in the opposite case. Thank You!

Thank You, daer Sandra! Actually I'm not sure all ladies are so much displeased by the attitude of gentlemen to care also on some anatomical parts, I mean there are men and women who count very much on their physical attractiveness and sex appeal to be successful and get rich, I'm afraid, however they may possibly try to argue and deceive themselves or other people thereabout. Anyway I would certainly and willingly pass those glasses to the ladies and I would ask You some advice. In fact I wonder what, in these days, in the different cultures and evolutions (positive or not) women would be looking at in man with them. I hope the majority wouldn't still concentrate too much on indoor built fake ox-like or "pumped-up" muscles, least on some generally hidden details it could be even harder to disguise in a painting and which would drive the shot right down, in the dark abyss of the After 9 o'clock images! LOL

Caesar... At first, I wasn't going to TOUCH this, But on the second look I feel Compelled too, you know, to test the 3D effectiveness of your image!!!

A very revealing study in Three dimensional art!
    I like it!
    Steve