Page 51 of 130 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast

Thread: Stevemawmv's Gallery (Shared Reflections.....)

Hello Eline...
    Thanks for visiting, I visited your website...nice job with it!
    Take care,
    Steve
    Last edited by stevemawmv; 04-13-2014 at 07:57 PM.

Sorry. Changed my mind, decided for my favorite bassist instead, T.Wilkenfeld. Internet ref. oil and lots of blending.
    Check her out with J. Beck and others, she's really a fantastic bass player!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1280.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	158.4 KB 
ID:	80504  

Really nice

I bet she would love to see this painting of her!

Really gorgeous painting. You gave her this wonderful golden glow and sort of introspective look reminiscent to me of the American master painter Thomas Eakins -- though not precisely of course. Yours has an interesting quality of its own. But the feel does create parallels in my mind. (A compliment, in case you were wondering).

I love your volume and almost angelic quality. GREAT hair! Wonderful facial features. Probably because of the classical elegance of her clothes and expression and the lighting, she looks to me more like a cellist than a (rock?) bassist. But again, don't take that as less than a compliment. It's just a free association.

I really really like this one. Bravo!

Eakin's Portrait of Alice Kurtz is what came to mind (sort of).

http://www.artrenewal.org/artwork/08...urtz-large.jpg
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Wow, I agree with our friend D, she certainly has an angelic look, how did you managed to paint her hair in such a way?? Crazy good Dear Steve!
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/andreamgart

That's what art's about, isn't it -- at some point it's about the relationship between the art and the viewer, sort of like speed dating. (D Akey)

STUNNING,, I am in love for sure... what hair!.... wonderfully done dear friend... one of your finest to be sure.

Marilyn... Glad you like it and thanks for visiting...I like your Spring flowers by the way!

D Akey...Thanks for pointing out Thomas Eakins to me, great lighting in 'Alice Kurtz'..enjoyed them all.
    But also enjoyed the simplicity of 'Study of a Man's Head for Mending the Net and Franklin Schenck'. More importantly thank you for really liking this image, I enjoy doing them.

Thanks Andrea...she does..doesn't she! The hair...took a bit of time.

Et voilą, the golden lady with the bass ... Marvellous! What a mestery with her hair!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Hi Gary....She's quite interesting, check her out. And thank you for your kind comments, couldn't have done it without Artrage, good photo references and patience.

Hello Caesar...'The golden lady with the bass' for sure, an amazing musician and a joy to watch and listen to.

Thank you both and take care....
    Steve
    Last edited by stevemawmv; 04-15-2014 at 11:49 AM.

Beautiful, Steve. A renaissance woman both in appearance and talent.