Page 47 of 130 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast

Thread: Stevemawmv's Gallery (Shared Reflections.....)

The dramatic lighting in your latest piece lifts it from something beautiful into something transcendent. Nicely done! I like both versions, but I think that the uncropped one gives more contrast with the face, making it stand out more. It looks like a better composition to me. Just my opinion.
    Every artist dips his brush in his own soul, and paints his own nature into his pictures.

~ Henry Ward Beecher

Eighty....
    Sorry that I upset you with that reply, at the time of the posting of it I wasn't sure if you were joking and just giving me a hardtime about it or what, like you have with Chinapete and others from time to time in this forum...and even me with the "Go man Go, but he won't" reply to a fellow forum member. But now I understand that it was truly just what you've said it was...."Oil Brush Pratice" with your continued studies of other painting style from members of this forum to enhance your own paintings and sketches. I apologize for this misunderstanding....but I’ve got to admit...that is one scary ass painting you did! Good job taking it to the next level....
    Take care friend,
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by pat1940 View Post
    Steve, these are so dramatic and done so well, it is great when you venture out of your comfort zone and come up with something amazing like this, like it very much, great work
    Thank you dear Pat... Glad you like my trip outside the 'comfort zone', it did have its repercussions though. Hopefully I can sort them out...
    Take care.....
    Quote Originally Posted by scribbledsoul View Post
    The dramatic lighting in your latest piece lifts it from something beautiful into something transcendent. Nicely done! I like both versions, but I think that the uncropped one gives more contrast with the face, making it stand out more. It looks like a better composition to me. Just my opinion.
    Thanks Scribbles....I agree, that's the one I will keep....Thank you for your opinion and thank you for your reply and comments!
    Take care.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    Dear Steve, thank You for Your most kind words. I recovered some very old imaginary experiments of mine where, with all the uncertain skills I had and the wrong proportions due to lack of preparatory drawings, I explored the theme of figures emerging from darkness ... As You see we had the same curiosity, we followed more or less the same technique on this and You may be proud of Your outcome considering that my outcomes were evidently clumsy in comparison ....
    And Thank you Caesar for sharing these early experiments of yours....
    I find them fasintating in design, and the exucution of them are quite interesting in how you balanced the lightness and darkness of the figures. The last of these are remarkable and quite a joy to view. But I do have one question.......Why these paintings?
    Take care.....

Thank you all again for your replies!
    Last edited by stevemawmv; 04-05-2014 at 08:03 AM. Reason: Because everything is good....

Dear Caesar...
    Why these paintings?....... I've enjoyed seeing them but I don't know what they have in common with a painting of a strange looking man?
    I have no problems with nudity, just trying to figure it out as well?
    My children and their children do visit this thread from time to time....

Steve
    Last edited by stevemawmv; 04-05-2014 at 08:08 AM. Reason: Because everything is good now....

Wow!.... Is this a good time to ask....'is this a good example of karma'?

I can already see one scenario playing out....I post a painting, then proceed to get upset for no appearant reason, then go on to upset a friend in here, which in turn.. upsets another friend in here.
    Another friend posts his paintings here, in friendship, then another friend replies to that friends postings....and of course that friend feels that he must respond to that reply as well, and so on and so on!
    Hey, I may even get somemore paintings dropped in here...who knows!

The funny thing is...the stupid painting that started all of this gets....As Chinapete would say...
    'Buried under a mountain of words' and pictures? I know, bad quote...sorry Pete!
    So in closing...I apologize to all that I should apologize to for starting this mess in the first place!
    Oh, my original question.....'Yes, I think it is a good example'....So I'am a believer! Became one today!
    Last edited by stevemawmv; 04-03-2014 at 02:10 PM.

Ok!....How many more words to get this page to turn?

Ok!.....Starting over!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MAR31RGB1080.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	380.2 KB 
ID:	80299   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MAR31RGBCROP.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	132.4 KB 
ID:	80300  

Sorry!
    I'll be better tomorrow....
    Last edited by stevemawmv; 04-03-2014 at 02:20 PM.

OK. Legitimate request/observation that friends and kids you know visit your thread. I moved Caesar's pics to After Nine where they belong. I did it for me too. I agree about tolerance for nudity but that was just plain peculiar to post in your thread. Caesar may have had a comedic reason for it. We'll let him say. And if the Rage team pulls my privileges, so be it.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Been one hell of a day!
    You take care D Akey....
    Steve