Page 2 of 130 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Stevemawmv's Gallery (Shared Reflections.....)

Nice work STeve, well done
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Thanks coops,
    I appreciate your comments!
    Still going to keep the training wheels on!

And thank you dear Katie for my own Gallery......
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	steve%20gallery.jpg 
Views:	229 
Size:	395.2 KB 
ID:	81698  
    Last edited by stevemawmv; 07-01-2014 at 10:52 PM.

Hi Steve time you put on your racing Wheels as your lap time's are not looking good Vettel taken pole again

SLAINTE

Eighty+
    Sometimes the wheels and times are a deception, it's the stay'n in and the finish'n that matters, I figure If I can catch his Draft he pull me to second, Maybe not!
    Vettel,
    Talented young Lad,
    Steve

Questions

OK!, Justjean's wonderfull painting "almost Home" compelled me to Watch one of my favorite Sci Fi movies the other night, and my evening continued on with this Messy all nighter, 'My Milk and Cookies must have kept me awake', anyway... had fun with it, put my own spin on it, No Smoke!, and did a background!.

NO!.... NOT a Vulcan smoking a dubious looking, cigarette thingy!

Hidden Painting!
    Second painting is a 'UNDONE' PAINTING JUST FOR FUN AND PRACTISE!
    Andrea, should get a kick out of it!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	QUESTIONS1260RGB.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	129.8 KB 
ID:	77594   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TYRELL800500rgb.jpg 
Views:	294 
Size:	390.2 KB 
ID:	78795  
    Last edited by stevemawmv; 01-08-2014 at 06:30 PM.

Just fabulous Steve! You've hit your straps!

Ah, Rachael definitely dreams of electric sheep. . . amazing movie. Very nicely painted. Really got the atmosphere and enigmatic look on her face. Also one of my favorite sci-fi movies. For me it edged out Star Wars at one point. But both were great. Anyway, she was so good as that character, I wonder how much was her and how much was Ridley Scott directing her.

Just for yammering, you probably are well aware of the controversy about the narration, with the studio demanding it be put in, and I think Scott didn't want it. Studio won. I've seen both with and without. I have to run the risk of getting blasted, I think the studio made the right call in that case. I thought the narration was brilliant. It was more like an old Raymond Chandler novel where you could get inside the head of the main character and listen to all the very colorful similes and the stuff that really identified that Noir Detective genre. It felt perfectly authentic to me. But there was strong resentment among fans and certainly the filmmakers over that detail. I guess if someone had made such an amazing masterpiece that the auteur deserved control to insure his vision got onto the screen. But I'm sorry, I like it as is. The director's cut didn't play better than the first release. I even dislike myself for siding with the suits. Oh well. . .

I think I'll pull that one off the shelf and watch it again. Great idea. It's been long enough and I may not have it entirely memorized anymore.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

A most fine painting here and I appreciate focus is concentrated on the face by leaving all details around more undefined.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Good job Steve! One of my fav movies. Great use of shadows and lights.

Hi Steve see weve stired u out of your slumbers and put your wets on and even thou your in his draft you won't catch that Boy

think with luck u might make onto the podium SLAINTE