Page 126 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 1298

Thread: Stevemawmv's Gallery (Shared Reflections.....)

Reflections in the monitor....

Its the end of the year and I find myself looking back on it and wishing some of the events were merely reflections in the monitor...words and images on the page...but sadly some weren't...but now, looking forward to the new year with all of life's uncertainties and again with no more control over them as the previous one....

A few weeks ago my children lost their mother and I, my most beloved friend and companion of many years....My thoughts are of my children during this untimely lost and as they grieve for the passing of this dear woman. These are the portraits of our children I did a year ago....was going to do one of their Mom, but time got away from us...as time always does, or so they say...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	memoriescrop.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	224.7 KB 
ID:	84938   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DEC41920.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	280.8 KB 
ID:	84965   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DEC42014FINAL.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	361.8 KB 
ID:	84966   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DEC42014FINAL2.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	413.0 KB 
ID:	84967   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DEC42014FINALFULL.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	365.9 KB 
ID:	84968  

Last edited by stevemawmv; 01-04-2015 at 08:58 AM.

EDIT: When you go back and add content that changes what was commented on, subsequent comments often don't make sense. I might not have chosen a tone quite so holiday upbeat having read this with pictures of your kids and talking about the death of their mother.

In this light -- I'm very sorry for your loss, your health, your children's and your grieving. It's been a challenging time for you all. Blessings to the healing of you and your family. Holidays have to be the hardest time for this. Be well, Steve. You all have each other.

Those are beautiful portraits of your wonderful family. A treasure on all levels.
    Last edited by D Akey; 01-04-2015 at 10:01 AM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Cheers and Happy New Year Steve! Yes, here's wishing you a particularly excellent year and many beyond. Heart goes out to ya. To new beginnings!
    Ditto from me Steve!

We Australians have a much loved, magical cartoonist/philosopher, Michael Leunig, who has warmed our hearts, and simplified our daily struggles for what seems like forever.

If you want to drift quietly over some of his beautiful paintings of him and his 'duck' pondering on life, see: https://www.facebook.com/MichaelLeun...age?fref=photo

In the meantime, here is one I love. Hopefully Michael won't mind me posting it. It just says it all.

Attachment 84941

Happy New Year......

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Cheers and Happy New Year Steve! Yes, here's wishing you a particularly excellent year and many beyond. Heart goes out to ya. To new beginnings!
    Thank you D Akey.....and right back at ya'....been one hell of year my friend, looking forward to the new one....Thanks again for your support, your kind words and unique understanding over the past year!
    Wish you and yours all the best in 2015!
    Last edited by stevemawmv; 01-05-2015 at 07:22 AM.

Happy New Year Robyn....and thanks for the Michael Leunig link, found his site as well and spent a good amount of time enjoying poking about, looking and reading his work!
    He's a kick alright, gave me a good pick up....
    Take care,
    Steve

Wishing Everyone A Great New Year.....

Moving on....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MOVING ON.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	175.7 KB 
ID:	84970  
    Last edited by stevemawmv; 01-04-2015 at 09:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stevemawmv View Post
    Moving on....
    As we do. But still. . . it's hard. Be well my friend.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Steve, I didn't go back far enough to read of your loss. I am devastated for you and your family. Please accept my apologies for appearing flippant with Michael Leunig .... even though his sentiments and comments on life still apply, I guess. Hopefully the sadness 'trough' you are in will lead you to a crest of a new hill. xxx

D Akey and Robyn...Didn't mean to trip anyone up, my feelings got the best of me and really needed to share with others. I added the post and kids later...think it was more for me though just to get it out there so I can begin to move on, but glad you two read it and understand.
    Sorry for the confusion and, again thank you both for your kind words....
    Last edited by stevemawmv; 01-04-2015 at 11:12 AM.

Dear Steve, I too am sorry I didn't see the edit until now - sorry for your wretched year and wishing all the best for you in this brand new year. Loving thoughts winging their way to you.
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]