Page 105 of 130 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1298

Thread: Stevemawmv's Gallery (Shared Reflections.....)

Quote Originally Posted by Enug View Post
    I spotted it Steve! Will have to wait for more until I get back from my little hol.
    Hello June....I knew you would see it.... Enjoy your holiday!
    Quote Originally Posted by coops View Post
    Wonderful work Steve a joy to look at
    Hello Katie...So could to hear from you..... Thank you ever so much!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	16FLIPC.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	121.7 KB 
ID:	83842  
    Last edited by stevemawmv; 10-26-2014 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MJSparks View Post
    Lovely work. Definitely master quality here.
    Thanks MJ....Really appreciate it, thanks for visiting....

Name:	RACHAEL2.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	304.1 KB 
ID:	83846  
    Last edited by stevemawmv; 10-26-2014 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by YoannLori View Post
    Great work once again ! Makes me want to watch Blade Runner again ... I have to buy this BluRay !
    Hello Yoann...Thanks for compliment and visiting....and yes watch it again!
    Take care.....
    Yeah, I know...longest piano piece ever!

Name:	REMINDER.jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	87.3 KB 
ID:	83857  
    Last edited by stevemawmv; 10-27-2014 at 09:07 AM.

Ok, I've watched this film hundred times but whenever I look at your thread I feel the urge to watch it again and again and again it's a classic movie and your portraiture skills certainly makes it justice.
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/andreamgart

That's what art's about, isn't it -- at some point it's about the relationship between the art and the viewer, sort of like speed dating. (D Akey)

Hi Steve,

Yeah, but what do the Electric Sheep dream of? Does anybody ever ask about them? Do artists ever consider that they're Replicants too, ya know. . . even if they're not Nexus 6.

Have you ever gotten into Philip Glass' music, where he really exploits and repeats iterative notes and passages. It's conceptual.
    Naqoyqatsi is one of the movies, where his music is fast, but he did some slower pieces as well.

http://www.koyaanisqatsi.com/films/naqoyqatsi.php

Sounds like the film sorta gets into the swing of the Replication concept, and becoming a paradigm unto itself. And the repetitive nature is both the form and the message. The following is just flat out cool. Not trying to compare it with your paintings. It's all about the idea and the world that might be likely to spawn such things. Enjoy the ride. I particularly like the bit starting at around 30:10 and going on from there for a spell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVD67pMdv9k

I mean this is a far cry from Andrew Loomis, but conceptually it is a form that can be connected to Philip K Dick's ideas, cyber punk and variations thereof. . . not to mention screensavers. The danger lies in it getting like eating too much candy, and it's a little mind numbing. But it's cool. I used to putter with fractals and had some fascinating evenings late at night in the early 90s in front of my computer creating some incredible designs effortlessly, waiting and waiting for the renderings to finish and then zooming in and zooming in to seeming worlds within worlds.
    Last edited by D Akey; 10-26-2014 at 11:42 AM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

wow Fantastic painting
    Visit my website here

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Hi Steve, Yeah, but what do the Electric Sheep dream of? Does anybody ever ask about them? Do artists ever consider that they're Replicants too, ya know. . . even if they're not Nexus 6
    Hello DA,
    Never thought about that...I guess sleep isn't in their programming, merely algorithms keeping Them happily grazing upon synthetic pastures, chomping away in their "simulated contentment"...
    Philip Glass, been awhile...remembering some very trippy music though, some of his work makes me think of and imagine what 'Machines building machines' would sound like...or the processes of the birth of worlds and life on those worlds slowly evolving over time.....reoccurring dreams of unknown entities surrounding you, multiplying and getting larger as they do, larger and larger, more and more entities suffocating you until you are forced to consciousness by the triggering of primordial instincts watching over you and protecting you...I don't know, maybe it was just the sheep?
    Speaking of trippy....thanks for the 'Electric Sheep' link, saved it and will add my own music to it....like 'Simon Says'.

Like dreams, you try to remember them by writing them done or painting them....unless they're recurring.

Name:	RACHAELLIPS.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	405.1 KB 
ID:	83859  
    Last edited by stevemawmv; 10-27-2014 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AndreaMG View Post
    Ok, I've watched this film hundred times but whenever I look at your thread I feel the urge to watch it again and again and again it's a classic movie and your portraiture skills certainly makes it justice.
    Andrea dear friend....how's your painting doing, looking forward to seeing what you've been up to....Yeah, I'll watch it on a lazy rainy day or at least once a year...
    Take care friend,
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by stevemawmv View Post
    Andrea dear friend....how's your painting doing, looking forward to seeing what you've been up to....Yeah, I'll watch it on a lazy rainy day or at least once a year...
    Take care friend,
    Steve
    Well I went to ER after falling from the longboard (nothing broken thanks to God), I tried some pastels but in order to achieve some level of details you have to go really big, they are not sharp as painting is and they are very messy (I had dust and powder even in my ears ) so it was a big no-no. Maybe I will try the acrylics in the future but right now I'm a little tired and I will go back to artrage as soon as my wrist get better. Hope you will sort out your health issues soon. This time I'm sure everything will go as it is supposed to. Take care friend. Say hello to Rachael
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/andreamgart

That's what art's about, isn't it -- at some point it's about the relationship between the art and the viewer, sort of like speed dating. (D Akey)

Very beautiful close up Steve. The detail is amazing.