Page 102 of 130 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1298

Thread: Stevemawmv's Gallery (Shared Reflections.....)

Hello D Akey....
    Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    . . . all this Rachael Replicant Replication -- the three 'R's they never taught in school, but you wish they had. Yeowza. . . Get your copy today. I think Ridley Scott really missed the boat on cashing in on the collateral movie stuff like Lucas. I mean what could be more natural than Electric Sheep action figures. . . not to mention a Priss or Rachael. Awowza!
    Well, I' am making the most of it.....As for Pris Stratton, I really think it's her time...I mean a painting, not her life span! Yeah yeah...I even know her last name....Wouldn't be much of a 'Fan' if I didn't..now would I.
    Take care friend,
    Steve
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	THEANGLE.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	147.3 KB 
ID:	83667   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	23BIGCROPRGB.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	172.5 KB 
ID:	83642   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	23FLIP1920.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	91.4 KB 
ID:	83643   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WORK.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	171.2 KB 
ID:	83644   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10FINALHANDSLEFT.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	186.9 KB 
ID:	83645  

Last edited by stevemawmv; 10-16-2014 at 05:35 PM.

Really lovely work Steve!

Pris Stratton. I had to do a little digging. I hadn't recalled the movie ever mentioning her last name, and it wasn't. Her last name is mentioned when she's introduced in Philip K Dick's "Do Androids. . ." It predates the movie. I had been beginning to wonder if her character had been "fleshed out" in fan fiction. The male Replicants got last names in the movie though. Well thanks for that detail.

There's expected deviations from the book to the script, of course, but surprisingly big changes from the shooting script to what actually was on the screen. Must have been quite a dynamic project. Interesting side note, in the script when they're listing the replicants that were flashed on the screen in Bryant's office, the script mentions a Mary. But the name doesn't appear anywhere else. Because later the script picks up with Roy Batty. I'm wondering if that was a type-o in the actual script or a goof in transcribing it for the internet.

Very fun. You've done a man's job.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    Score! Goal! You have a style which is both absolutely credible, from a realistic standpoint, and very personal as well, like Vettriano, should I give an idea. As for Sandra's expression I guess that's some sort of native American slang to exult and dance in front of the kaleidoscopic views of Your last artpieces.
    Thank you Caesar....Love hearing that! Just checked out Vettriano....I like his work!
    Quote Originally Posted by Enug View Post
    Hi Steve, lovely stuff as always. Wanted to say 'thanks' for you blending preset - I use it quite often and extensively in the mother and foal painting I did recently.
    Hi June.....Thanks alot, I really appreaciate it.... Glad you have found the blends useful!
    Quote Originally Posted by gxhpainter View Post
    very interesting works and the comments from everyone are a trip for sure... always fun to get comments huh?....
    Hey Gary...Yeah, one idea two paintings...kinda worked I think. thanks friend, good hearing from ya'....

Name:	23BIGCROPRGB2.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	327.3 KB 
ID:	83668  
    Last edited by stevemawmv; 10-16-2014 at 05:38 PM.

5. Lovely work. Definitely master quality here.

Gorgeous work, Steve!

Quote Originally Posted by copespeak View Post
    Really lovely work Steve!
    Thank you dear friend....hoping your well...
    Best wishes,
    Steve

Name:	231920RGB2.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	88.9 KB 
ID:	83689  
    Last edited by stevemawmv; 10-17-2014 at 04:34 PM.

Huh! Makes you wonder?.....

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Pris Stratton. I had to do a little digging. I hadn't recalled the movie ever mentioning her last name, and it wasn't. Her last name is mentioned when she's introduced in Philip K Dick's "Do Androids. .
    Hello D Akey...
    Rachael Rosen, Pris Stratton, Irmgard Baty and the mysterious Mary...Your right!, not even a mention of female last names in the film, but then again not many personal introductions were being made... and omissions of some characters all together, I guess in keeping it flowing and not wanting to confuse the audience too much cuts and script changes had to be made...Actually went back and read the actual book last week, which I hadn't ever done since the movie release...very interesting comparing them....So thanks DA for stirring my interest as well! Oh!...Mary may have been the one that got away....But 'Hodge' got fried going through the security field...Maybe, who knows? And leaving Mary out there was just another loose end to deal with....already had one......Huh, maybe two got away....but three, no way!
    Take care,
    Steve
    Last edited by stevemawmv; 10-17-2014 at 04:33 PM.

Great work fantastic
    Visit my website here

Quote Originally Posted by MagenSparks View Post
    Lovely work. Definitely master quality here.
    Hi Magen....Thank you very much and thanks for visiting!
    Take care...
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexandra View Post
    Gorgeous work, Steve!
    Thanks Sandy....Very happy you like these, I've got another two more to complete...
    Take care....
    Last edited by stevemawmv; 10-18-2014 at 01:30 PM.