ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Two Composers, and two paintings

Two Composers, and two paintings

- the first; Debussy: La Mer

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	28.1 KB 
ID:	77452

-and

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	34.4 KB 
ID:	77453

I figured this version would do unless you wanted people to go transcribe it themselves. . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4O9PqE82STc

Say, that first one, La Mer, is a bit of a departure for you stylistically. I really like the ocean as you've stylized it. Comparing it with the music, you seem to have gotten the movement of wind, waves, rising and dipping of the bird. I like the tubular movement of the waves you did.

The music really ads a certain level of depth, doesn't it. And I'm about to listen to the second when done with this post. The visual is intriguing and I'm very curious to see how it compares to your selection of music.

Well done. Nice stretch! Cowabunga, dude!
    Last edited by D Akey; 10-19-2013 at 09:52 AM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Cowabunga indeed! You always elevate us to a higher plane Frisch, and I thank you for that.

Great music choices indeed, and your wonderful mystical paintings ..... (I'm starting a folder of Frisch paintings!)

Wow I like your impressionist painting and i like the composition and the color
    Visit my website here

D Akey, Debussy would have loved that version - he was a bit cynical - and the dryness in this version was what he wanted. Try and listen to some others like Abbado as conductor, or Ashkenazy - the instruments in those versions get to a more dynamic soundscape ("emotionel") which as said wasn't what he wanted. It's a matter of taste, but obeying Debussy, the right version. Ravel was the emotionel part of those two impressionists, and deep down I think Debussy didn't like Ravel, as a person.

I love Debussy, but i love Ravel more. Ravel once asked a woman to marry him, the woman laughed and said " have you heard, Ravel wants to marry me" - poor guy.

copespeak, you are very kind, thank you - and I'm honored.

Sabena, thank you.

Cowabunga - dudes......................... : )
    Last edited by Frisch; 10-21-2013 at 09:18 AM.

Its always a joy to listen to the music and a pleasure to view your work
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Now we have one more reason and evidence to call Debussy and Ravel impressionist composers I think. Exquisite paintings!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!