ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: NOSFERATU, Count Orlok

Smile NOSFERATU, Count Orlok

Ink sketch based on silent vampire film.
    Name:  orlock.png
Views: 1107
Size:  307.5 KB

Wasn't he fabulously creepy? Good drawing!

Thanks copespeak. Yes, he was very creepy.

He really does look like a hairless vampire bat who is of a different species as humans, seeing them as food. . .
    Great Halloween fare so long as he doesn't pop out of my trick-or-treat bag. . .

I don't know if you've seen the original movie, but I was watching it in a movie revival house years back and because of it having been made at a time when movies were fairly new on the planet and audiences and filmmakers were comparatively naive, there was a part where the 'hero' kept walking in to harms way -- falling for the cliches left and right that at one point a lady hollered out at the silent screen with this incredibly stupid character wandering closer and closer to the Nosferatu's inner sanctum "AW, HE DESERVES WHAT HE GETS!. . ." yes. . . his place on the food chain dropped to that of a hot dog on a stick at the beach.

And your picture shows Nosferatu looking askance at the hero like, "Do you have to make it so bloody easy?"

Nice attitude, and had I never been in that theater when that woman shouted out, which broke the tension for me once and for all, I would be in terror looking at this drawing. Great spooky job!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Brings back memories, studied 'Nosferatu' in Film School, Your image verifies my memory of him being Spooky then and just as Spooky now through your sketch!
    Cool,
    Like it,
    Steve

We have this one in our collection. An interesting study on both the film and the actors. Great work!

This is great, well done
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

When I saw this movie, centuries ago , I really found that vampire very ugly, disquieting and scary and the story very enthralling and shocking. we eventually discovered Klaus Kinsky was perhaps even worse. Nice drawing anyway ...
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Caesar, I have just looked him up, and what an absolute creep he was. The worst.

An amazing face nevertheless, so interesting.

Red face

Thanks D Akey. I finally saw a full version of the film last year. It does have its scream at the screen moments.

Thanks stevemawmv. Happy to take you down memory lane. Spoooky and creeepy is the feeling I got when I watched the film. Glad it comes through in the drawing.

Thanks Alexandra, Coops, Caesar, Copespeak.