ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Portrait

Portrait

He's one of those seasonal African immigrant selling on our beaches on summertime.
    He asked me a portrait and I promised to make it sooner on later looking at some pictures on his facebook page.
    Here's the outcome in my essential and hopefully colorful style. The likeness looks good, especially considering he looks different enough from a picture to another.
    I used fel pens here ...
    As usual look to it from some distance or squeeze a little bit Your eyes to let brushstrokes merge a little and get a better "impression".
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bi-Diop.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	243.5 KB 
ID:	77422  
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Good job! I like the use of blu and violets

Resembles a bronze patina on a casting.

Neat. I personally prefer the first one you posted with a less liquid appearance, but this is cool too.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Your portrait is full of character,great job Dear Caesar,the felt pens is one of my fav AR tools.

I really like your choice of skin tones, the color variations made your portrait of him very expressive!
    I like it!

Steve

Thank You, dear Andrea! I share Your view on blue and violets. Give a try to see how magically violets and purples play with the green foliage and the bark, branches etc. of a wood ... sheer delight.

I fully agree with You, dear D Akey. I over-used the soft knife I generally don't use, especcially on the hair. At start I thouight I would have proceeded with only black ink and few felt pen colors to separate planes, but I eventually went on more classically and messed up a little bit although some interesting effects survived, I find. Thank You!

Thank You, dear SCP. Felt pens are a great tool on Artrage and quite flexible in their use, more than real ones for sure. They may have good blending properties, avoid some watercolor tool problem and cover a previous color if You go drier on it. I only wish felt pens and pencils could have rotation and aspect ratio settings too, like the ink pen.

Dear Steve, actually I don't see a portrait as a picture alternative, rather as a personality and feeling detector, so I really appreciate that You find it expressive. Thank You!

Wow, you sure can paint, love it!

Love the colours in this wonderful painting, Caesar

Dear Jasmine, I'm so glad You're back! Thank You!

Thank You, dear Jean, for Your warm support.

I love the shiny touches here and there, and the various colors too. A wonderful portrait, indeed Cesare.